We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion Ideas

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
80 reviews
Save Topic
Excursion Ideas

My boyfriend and I are staying at the Now Sapphire next month, and were wondering other than Chichen Itza, what excurions has anyone been on and approx cost??

We definately want to do Chichen Itza though, please tell me its worth it!

Any advice?? Other excurions??

Thanks !!

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursion Ideas

Have a look at the Things to Do column on the left here in the forum and then do a search for 'day trips' here as well and you will find lots and lots of advice on this topic. Then after you have done your research you may have more specific questions that we can help you with.

piscataway
Level Contributor
232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursion Ideas

My wife and I have been to the area numerous times and this time we are doing Chichen Itza on a private tour with Gardulio. We figured it was better to do it this way as it is a long day and if you have to sit on a bus and be at the mercy of other tourists it would make the day longer. This way we would have more time to see things and be more comfortable.

It is $170 each.

If your going to be there on the 15th of december you can come with us. The cost for 4 people are $140 each I think.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursion Ideas

check out Amstar's website too.

They have their excursion descriptions, and prices listed. That's the one that the Now tries to push, they have other providers at the resorts I believe, but I looked at it just for pricing ideas so I knew what I needed.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursion Ideas

Chichen Itza is well worth it.

Have a great trip!

Collegeville, PA
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursion Ideas

a lot of it depends on what you like. do you like outdoor adventures? If you do I would highly recommend the zip lining and rappelling into the cenotes. if shopping is more your thing go to playa del carma. I think that everyone needs to see at least one of the ruins

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursion Ideas

Tulum is a great place to check out. Get to the ruins first thing in the morning, then hit the nearby beach, swim, walk, eat, drink, and chill. Afterwards, if you can pull yourself away from this most beautiful beach, walk to the beach road and get a taxi into town (Tulum pueblo) and have lunch and walk around, shop, drink and people watch. This, to me, is a must do and not too expensive.

Taunton...
Level Contributor
872 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursion Ideas

Check out edventures and some of my other posts... they cater to your needs, some ruins (tulum/coba), some snorkeling (akumal), whatever you like, we've used them twice and they were phenomenal! Great prices

riviera maya
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursion Ideas

You can also hire a Taxi rigth outside from the hotel. with us, we take you to Ek Balam, Chichen Itza, Cenote Ik-ill And Valladolid.

no rush, you manage your time!!!

9. Re: Excursion Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2011, 05:17