We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling and Clothing Advice Please

atlanta
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling and Clothing Advice Please

Hello,

We wil be in Puerto Morelos in one week and I really want to know the best snorkeling options in the area. Does anyone have any advice about a specific company to use or area to go to for snorkeling.

Also, I have been to Mexico before, but never in December. I think the temps are enjoyable during the day and a little chilly at night, but how chilly? windy?

Thanks!

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling and Clothing Advice Please

I've been in December and will be there this Dec. also. Take a sweater or wrap and one pair of comfortable pants. (women) Men will need long pants anyway for dining. I stilll plan on wearing my usual (Florida) clothes.

Shorts, sandals, T's., sundresses. All snorkle trips in and around Morelos will be taking you to the same reef, so go for price. The best prices are found right on the pier in Puerto Morelos. We paid $25 pp when we were picked up at our resort.. You can bargain. Some will accept, some won't.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling and Clothing Advice Please

When you talk to the guides or companies about snorkeling, ask how many people will be going and the experience level as well. I've been on trips there with 6 people, 4 people etc. and I've been on trips with 18 with little kids who have never snorkeled and their parents were yelling and stressed out that the guide wasn't giving 1:1 attention to the little kids - it was horrible and the exact opposite of what you want while snorkeling. That trip was a bust and really disappointing for those of us who have snorkeling experience. I paid more for a trip with fewer people and people who were experienced. It kind of depends what you want. I do believe, however, that the tours/trips should be organized with all this in mind. If a person has only 2 opportunities for snorkeling on their trip then the tour should suit the need.

atlanta
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling and Clothing Advice Please

Great help, guys! thank you for helping me out!

4. Re: Snorkeling and Clothing Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 05:16