We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A walk around the Colonia

New England
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
A walk around the Colonia

I thought I might take a walk around the Colonia one day. Any tips on where to start, areas to walk through etc? I may even walk from PM square if its not too hot. Any safety concerns?

Chicagi Il
Level Contributor
146 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A walk around the Colonia

We walked around the Colonia (My husband, 16 year old daughter and myself) and had absolutely no safety concerns. There's a place to get freshly made tortillas, restaurants and fresh fruit stands. You can also get the best freshly squeezed OJ for about 10 pesos a bottle. Pick one up for the next days breakfast and one to drink on your way back. I would walk one way if the weather is good and hop on a collectivo bus for the other. Why take a cab when the busses are so easy. I would have no issues going on my own. Have fun and get a taste of small village life in Mexico.

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A walk around the Colonia

Be careful if you decide to walk the road between PM and La Colonia. Unlike the towns, there are no speed bumps. Also there is a slight possibility of seeing a large snake or even a croc in the swamp beside that road.

3. Re: A walk around the Colonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2011, 05:18