We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about ERC

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
202 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions about ERC

We are planning to do a trip here later this year (have been to Excellence Punta Cana twice) but have a few of questions. First is about the pools. I have looked at the resort map on the official web site and see the 6 pools. Are any of them for Excellence Club guests only? I see there is one fronting the ocean and between Bldg 7 & 8, which are EC block rooms. We are not doing EC so wanted to know if we would be restricted from any pool area. It doesn't seem like there is as much pool deck area around some of the pools compared to EPC.

Second questions is about shopping/vendors on site. Are there beach vendors and how big is the resort gift shop. We don't shop a lot but like to pick up a few things sometimes.

Final questions (for now) is about going into Puerto Moreles. I see that the resort has bikes you can use for tours and biking into PM. Are there trails or sidewalks to ride on or are you on a busy street?

Thanks in advance for any information. I am a TA addict.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions about ERC

Hi

Great choice of resort

We have also been to EPC and just love the place and will be going back again later in the year

We have also been to both ERC and EPM a few times as well and will be going back to both again this summer

Yes at ERC they do have a pool which is for EC Guest only and this is the one you refer to. Like EPC they also have an area of the beach which is also for EC Guests only

If you have not already done so you may want to check out my online photo album where you will find two albums for ERC

community.webshots.com/user/flipflop_man

Please note many of the room shots are not of standard rooms so please check out the labels

I would say the pool deck areas are very similar to those at EPC and you should be able to see this from my photos

They do allow local traders onto the resort one night [I think] per week as they do at EPC. There are no beach traders to speak of that I can recall. The gift shop is a reasonable size fro the size of the resort

Do not know about the bikes - sorry

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
202 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions about ERC

Thanks Flip Flop. I've been an avid reader of your posts as you seem to enjoy some of the same resorts we do and you always have such informative reviews and tons of great pictures.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions about ERC

Not a problem

TA should be all about caring and sharing and that is what I try to do

Edited: 23 January 2011, 11:56
Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions about ERC

As of this week, there are loads of salespeople wandering the beach. Never intrusive or bothersome if you don't want to shop (we didn't), but always around if you do...sunglasses, cigars, scarves, jewellery. USD and pesos gladly accepted from what I could tell watching those around us shop.

There was always plenty of room on the beach and at the pool, even at the end of the week when occupancy seemed quite high, so you should be able to get space at one of the pools quite easily. Have fun!

BC
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions about ERC

We took the bikes into Puerto Morelos on the morning bike tour. The road is somewhat busy but not the highway. But be careful of the potholes! Bike #7 has no brakes and #12 have the rear brakes disconnected (if they are connected it will be a much tougher ride into town since it sticks :-)).

Have fun, it is a great resort!!

6. Re: A few questions about ERC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 07:22