We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Erc in Oct 2011

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lorton, VA
Level Contributor
290 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Erc in Oct 2011

My wife and I are planning to head back to ERC for our 5 year anniversary. We were there for our honeymoon. We were in the EC when we were there and we are definetly going back. My questions are, should I try to purchase my rooms now via travel agent or since OCT is so far away, should I hold off a bit. I know october is the middle of the slow season and we would love to upgrade to perhaps a honeymoon suite or a RTT while we are there, but we are definetly booking a EC jr suite room. Oh yeah, 5 years ago, the EC private beach did not exist what are some of the new enhancements for the EC members.

Last time we were there, we did not leave the property. This time, and we are planning for 7 days, we expect to leave the property any tips as to when and where we should go.

Thanks guys.

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Erc in Oct 2011

I can't advise about EC upgrades as we haven't done EC ourselves. I know our travel agent has usually recommended booking around 1-3 months in advance for the best rates, but of course there are no guarantees. :-)

As far as outings go, it depends a bit on what you're interested in doing. It's really easy to get to Puerto Morelos by taxi from the hotel, and the town is a nice place to wander, get a bite to eat, and do a snorkel trip (and there are other things to do there, like the cooking school, which are listed in the things to go category to the left). You could also do a daytrip to the Tulum/Akumal area to see the Mayan ruins, snorkel, etc. There are a few other recent threads about off-resort outings, I think, and if you check the things to do for the broader Riviera Maya area you'll find lots of links there, too!

2. Re: Erc in Oct 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 11:16