We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar to people watch!!

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bar to people watch!!

Hi All,

Any ideas on nice bar/ restaurant to have a local lunch & beer in PM,

Whilst afternoon shopping. ( guys have a beer or two whilst the wives shop ???)

Many thanks

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar to people watch!!

Hi theparkiesjersey,

Well, all depends on what time would you like to go. I particulary like "La Panza es Primero" a restaurant with nice mexican food, very good portions, and nice decor (mexican wrestling stuff, quite funny). They have fair cocktails and good beer.

If you want more of a bar, then I can suggest "Cantina Habanero", is very popular among visitors. Also, "David Laus" have live music every saturyda I believe? it is nice oriental food with local flavours.

And if you are looking for not so much of a bar but a fantasit restaurant, please go to "Hola Asia" yuuummmyyyy!!! my personal favorite!

I hope this helps :)

piscataway
Level Contributor
232 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar to people watch!!

You are better off going into Playa del Carmen to let them shop. There are so many great bars and restaurants along 5th ave. for you to watch sports and people ( and some beautiful women) while your wives shop.

Your hotel will probably have a free shuttle into Playa. Go early evening its better.

PM even when crowded is still a sleeply laid back place.

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,841 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar to people watch!!

As the owner of "Cantina Habanero", used to say

"It's a Restaurant!!!!!"

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar to people watch!!

Although I like hanging around in Puerto Morelos a lot more than Playa del Carmen, I have to agree that there are a lot more people to watch walking by in Playa.

5. Re: Bar to people watch!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 19:17