We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

Hamilton, NJ
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

I am going to SSS at the end of April and was wondering where the best location for a Junior Suite Pool View- (Building and Floor )to catch some ocean views also but not be in the alleged dreaded Bldg 5 or 6. Thanks- Can't wait to go...

louisiana
Level Contributor
554 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

the first time we went we were in bldg 1. This bldg is in the back by the tennis courts and is not on the side as bld 5&6. We were on an upper floor so we had a partial view and it was also very quiet at night since it was at the back of resort. The resort is small so it is still not a long walk to anything.

Hillsborough, New...
Level Contributor
278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

We were there twice and both times we paid for ocean front swimout blding 3. It was worth every penny we spent. No need to save pool chairs they are right outside your sliders. Wait service came right up to your chair and you have pool and ocean right there. It is a little more money but WORTH it.

Hamilton, NJ
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

Still waiting for any updates from past visitors at SSS

Montrose, PA
Level Contributor
278 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

Did you try posting your question on SSS facebook page? Lots of past visitors to SSS visit that site.....maybe you will get some suggestions there!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

You could ask for building 2. It is on the south side so it would be the furthest from the generator or bad smells. If you have to have a good view it will be worth the money to pay for a preferred room. I would negotiate this once you are there. Remember that there are two other categories between pool view and preferred ocean view. You may get lucky with a nice view, but most pool view rooms will not have much if any of an ocean view, in fact from staying there before I know that most partial ocean views don't have much of a view. This is a great resort, we will be there just before you for our forth trip and would not stay any place else. Again you get what you pay for in an upgrade. This resort has some of the best views anywhere if you are in a preferred ocean front room, but the rest of the rooms are hit or miss if you get to see the ocean. On a positive note all the rooms are equally beautiful on the inside for the most part.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
96 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

I agree go for Bldg # 2 , 4th floor. It has a nice ocean view. We had room 2418, Bldg #2 , 4th floor, room 418, you won't be disappointed.

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
304 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

Just got back on 5/5/11.

We stayed in room 1401 in building #1. It is quiet at night and is on the 4th floor corner suite. It has a pool view and an ocean view.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

Does anyone know if you are not in a preferred building but have an oceanview room if you can hear the ocean from your balcony? That is one of my favorite things about vacations!

Wilkes-barre...
Level Contributor
253 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

kpc2001....

I would imagine you may be able to hear the ocean from some of the oceanview rooms. I would think that if you were able to get either bldg # 1 and possiby bldg #2 you may be able to hear the ocean waves. I imagine it may be more difficult to hear the ocean on the side of blgd #5 & #6 it may be more difficult to hear. If you really want to hear the waves (like your on the beach)I would highly reccomend the prefered oceanfront buildings. We stayed in one of the building #3's oceanfront and the sound of the ocean was absolutely incredible! You will be amazed with SSS! We can't wait to go back!

Enjoy your stay!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Silversands- Best Room Location for Pool View Suite

Thank you so much! I have no idea what the chances are of being able to upgrade once we get there but we will see if we can get a better deal than upgrading beforehand. We go from June 26th -July 1st. Is that considered peak season?