We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

Canandaigua
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

We'll only have one day to spend in the town. What would be the best loc al things to do or see? Are there stalls that sell local products? Any lunch place to suggest; we'll have 3 teenagers.

Thanks for any help.

USA
Level Contributor
273 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

Hi Dreaming2,

Love Puerto Morelos! So glad you can spend at least one day there.....it will leave you wanting more :-)

1) Go snorkeling (with Cesar or anyone at the pier.)

2) Eat lunch: so many fabulous places to choose from

3) Go shopping (to walk off that lunch; don't miss bookstore Alma Libre!)

4) Dinner and Drinks at Cantina Habanero: plan to stay awhile.

Enjoy!

Holly

Waukee, Iowa
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

I agree. Definitely go to Cantina Habanero's for dinner and drinks. You will stay. The food, drinks, and friendly people will keep you there. There maybe some live music too. They may even serve breakfast. Adios.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

Puerto Moralos is a very small town. Very limited shopping. Some good restaurants and bars. Unless you go on a fishing or snorkeling trip, it would be hard to fill a whole day there. Many pelicans to see down by the docks. Nice beach and people watching. Definately worth stopping to check out.

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
583 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

Best snorkeling ever at PM. You have to go just to snorkel. We used Almost Heaven Dive Company in Sept and they were awesome. No trip is complete without stopping at Cantina Habanero for the coldest beer in Mexico!!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

Ditto on the snorkelling - best I've ever seen. 5 of you should be able to get your own boat at the pier, if you're there before 10:00 or 11:00 a.m. Go at 9:00 a.m. and there should be less snorkellers in the water - better chance to see more wildlife. When you're done ( about 2 hours ), leave the pier, turn right at the first street, maybe the first restaurant you'll see on the left hand side is EL TIO. Looks like a dive, but the tacos, etc. are excellent ( so are the prices ). As for stalls selling local products, the Mayan Handicraft Centre has some of that.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

Agree, it's some of the best snorkeling I've done. You'll see the pier. Ask anyone. should be around $25-$35 pp. Franks and/or Pelicanos for meals. Definately wander the Mayan Handicrafts block. Watch the guy make the jellyfish lamps - interesting. We ended up with three :) Wander in Alma Libre to browse.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

" Franks and/or Pelicanos for meals."

Hi cormac!

What or where is Franks please?

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,231 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

Is this your planned day trip from Cancun or something? Not sure why you would pick PM. It's a nice place to stay, but I wouldnt think of it as a destination. If you just want a break from Cancun and a small town experience - it makes sense.... Other than a few restaurants and shops, there isnt much there there.

Waukee, Iowa
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

Are you kidding? This is Mexico not an American resort. It is the real thing which we came for. I can stay at an American resort any time. I have been returning here for 6 years. To experience Mexico, Puerto Morales is it! Very friendly, helpful people. True Mexico!!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's to do or see with one day day in Puerto

I agree. We just got back from 8 days in PM. It was perfect, and we couldn't even muster the motivation to go anywhere else during that time. Lovely town -- and a new regular sanctuary for us, for sure.