We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shark Attack

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Shark Attack

Friends just returned from Ocean Coral and said there was another shark attack at their beach. Is this really true????

Marquette, Michigan
Level Contributor
171 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shark Attack

Heard that was in cancun, unless this is a new one.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shark Attack

Have not heard anything as of this morning.

Clark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Shark Attack

thats what I am trying to find out.......traveling there in 2 1/2 weeks with kids and saw it on someones review during their stay there......no one confirmed at the hotel though....

Edited: 30 March 2011, 12:33
Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shark Attack

No new shark attacks (only the one from a few weeks ago). And if you are the least bit concerned, just don't go in the ocean.....stick to the pools. Simple!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shark Attack

Suegarn.. could you please clarify your recent post. There were attacks.. both in Cancun hotel zone beach area (long side).. one in January.. 2nd one was last week (March 24). A recent OCT review stated there was a shark attack in Puerto Morelos to a Canadian male. The person attacked last week in Cancun was a female.

Iowa
Level Contributor
334 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shark Attack

I read something as well on some recent reviews from travelers who has stayed at this resort. I am with you with trying to find out if this really did happen or what? We aren't going for several months, but just a bit worried now if there are known sharks to come that close in to the beach/swimming area??

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shark Attack

I hope someone chimes in soon.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,122 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shark Attack

There was a reported shark attack in Cancun but according to this thread, it looks like the russian woman cut her foot on rocks

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150812-i23-k43476…

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
781 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shark Attack

To the o.p. - if your friends just returned from there and said that it happened, I would assume that you would know the story from them and know if it really happened there or not. Clue us in, por favor.

Clark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Shark Attack

Gabriella from OCT replyed to me and stated there was no shark attack in front of the resort even though someone has stated it in their recent review. There are 2 confirmed attacks one on 1/31 and one on 3/25 a Canadian woman and a Russian woman. It is on the internet and a very long thread on a Cancun forum. I am just wondering how far the actual attacks took place from OCT.