We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

We are at 25 days and counting until we are back at the casitas......can't wait. I have just a few questions.

1. Which casita building do you recommend? and does anyone have an email address to contact the resort to request a certain bldg

2. Do we need to email ahead some dinner reservations? When we went in 07, we had to but it seems in some reviews that it is not necessary anymore?

3. Any must dos while there??? Restaurant/meal favorites????

All and any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

Building preference is really dependant on what type of Casita you have booked. If it's a regular (non-swimup) Casita then I would recommend section 27. If it's a swimup Casita, then I would probably recommend section 29. Casita guests are able to make dinner reservations, I'm just not sure if it's via email or with your Casita concierge when you arrive.

I would recommend you ask your travel agent to submit your building request for you first but alternatively you can try this email: infodoradoroyale@eldorado-resort.com.mx

Have a great time!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

Just to add to my last post, you can also request building 29 even if you are in a regular Casita, you just can't ask for building 27 if you are in a swimup casita....

Here is a map of the resort - it's a bit dated but gives you a good idea of the layout of the resort berwicktravel.com/karisma_hotels/images/roya…

If you would like a newer map version PM me with your email address and I will send it to you. It's in PDF format and won't allow me to post it here.

Edited: 16 July 2011, 15:17
Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

Thanks for your help.

vancouver bc
Level Contributor
10 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

Looking for a really good restaurant In Puerto Morelos check out Al Chimichurri, excellent Argentinian food, pasta, steaks 'that melt in your mouth", salads. We ate here a few times and loved it!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

I would make your reservations immediately upon arrival so you can get your first choice of times.

We enjoyed Kampai and the Italian equally this past trip and felt the food was much improved over last year. Lunch at JoJo's was very good as well.

We had a regular Casita in 27 block and then moved to another as there was a problem with our room. I prefer the units on the corners of the casita blocks to those in the middle.

Enjoy!

Edited: 22 July 2011, 10:54
Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

Thanks for all the information.

Caviargal...just saw on another post how you were happy with the food improvements. One more thing to look forward to!

Starting to pull out my clothes to take with me (even though I still have 10 more days) Getting excited for vacation!

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

Caviar...

I prefer the units on the ends, as well.

Hola...

Just curious about the recommendation for Casita block 29. Has it been newly renovated?? We are going back in November. I was going to request Block 30 ( always my favorite) but if 29 has been newly renovated, maybe I would request that.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

Kimlo, I will be arriving next Sunday so will let you know. I sent EDR an email but have yet to hear back from them. I requested 28, 29 or 30 preferably an end unit.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

jneil,

Have a wonderful time!!

Thank you...any info you can gather about renovations would be greatly appreciated!

10. Re: Countdown is on, questions for EDR experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 09:16