We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming with the Dolphins?

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming with the Dolphins?

We are going to the Zoetry and were wandering where to go to swim with the Dolphins..Were arriving in December,thanks..

London, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming with the Dolphins?

Hi,

We just came back from El Cid and swam with the dolphins at Xel Ha. We had a great day, lazy river, snorkelling, zip lining and the dolphin swim was just brilliant, can fully recommend Xel Ha.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,777 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming with the Dolphins?

Hi

Please Google swimming with dolphins so you can see how cruel it is to keep these wonderful fellow mammals in captivity for our so called pleasure

Thanks

Enjoy Zoetry and say hello to Makita

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming with the Dolphins?

This experience is available Isla Mujeres at the park.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
215 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming with the Dolphins?

Take the ferry over to Cozumel. There is a great place there and you can spend the rest of the day on the island.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
215 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming with the Dolphins?

Take the ferry over to Cozumel. There is a great place there and you can spend the rest of the day on the island.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,548 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming with the Dolphins?

always enjoy seeing them in the open ocean rather than an enclosure

Also google whale sharks - should be on everyone's bucket list

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming with the Dolphins?

People that attend these swimming with the dolphins and sharks facilities, contribute to the cruelty toward them, even if unknowingly. Most of them are getting killed during the captivity process trying to escape. The ones that have survived are getting sorted so the ones that are damaged and do not look commercially attractive are getting killed. The surviving ones get to live the rest of their lives in the captivity, often they are getting ill and getting replaced by the new victims, and the tourists would not notice that. If you think that they look happy, read about the Stockholm syndrome when victims would learn to love and protect their abuser.

Sorry to say that, just disregard my post if it is unpleasant. Life is complex and everyone should decide for himself.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimming with the Dolphins?

Sometimes the truth is unpleasant olga62 but i feel the same as you the only place i want to see dolphins is swimming free just my opinion .

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimming with the Dolphins?

Do your research on Dolphin encounters online or utube videos and then make up your mind if you want to take part in this cruel industry. Or better still watch "The Cove" documentary and you will see the industry in it's true colours. Utube have The Cove clips.

Then make up your mind......

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimming with the Dolphins?

To answer the OP's question..... I think the closest place to see the Dolphins is at Dreams Cancun, they have a dolphin swim program onsight.