We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric outlets at NOW / Sapphire

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
428 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Electric outlets at NOW / Sapphire

We will be heading to the Sapphire early December and I have a couple of questions concerning the need to use a breathing machine.

1. Are the room outlets standard 3 prong 120 volt, or will I need a converter??

Note: I do not have a 3 prong converter.

2. Are there reachable outlets nead the Bed for CPAP plugin, or will I need an extension cord??

3. If I need an extension cord, does the resort provide it??

I have sent an email like this to the resort, but I want to make sure my bases are all covered.

Thank you in advance

Jim

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,850 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electric outlets at NOW / Sapphire

All Mexico uses the same electricity and plugs as the US.

I've never seen a hotel room that *didn't* have an outlet near the bed. Unplug the clock.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,208 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Electric outlets at NOW / Sapphire

pack an extension cord if you are concerned - they take up no space and weigh nothing. Ive been in hotels where you cant get behind the furniture to reach the outlet.

Sometimes outlets will be the old fashioned 2 prong type, so I always have a 2 prong to 3 prong adapter in my accessories bag (with the travel alarm, travel clothes line, tylenol, multi-tool if checking a bag, etc). Although, Im pretty sure all my electronics are 2 prong now, with 1 wider prong. You can get the 2 to 3 prong adapters by the register at Home Depot for $.99

but, it's all US style outlets...

suitcaseready.com

3. Re: Electric outlets at NOW / Sapphire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 06:17