We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral--Recent guests

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Coral--Recent guests

Hello all! This resort keeps popping up on my searches, so I'm diving in for a little more research. We will be bringing 3 kids along that like a little more action than just swimming and sandcastle building. They are ages 11, 7 & 5 and we are planning a trip to the area in June 2012.

A few questions if you don't mind.

Can you give a quick Top 3 Pros/Cons list?

Can you tell me if kids are allowed at the activity pool or are they sort of dissuaded? Are the activities/pool games there appropriate for virgin ears/eyes? When we took them to Dreams, the pool activities were very family friendly. Things like belly flop contests, water balloon fights, pool volleyball, aerobics, resort-themed music/dances, paddle races, etc. Does OC/T have similar activities?

Besides the need to have lots of hustle and bustle for the kiddos, hubby and I appreciate good drinks. I've been reading alot about the Privilege club, but at an exorbitant daily rate x 5, I don't think I can justify the cost based on premiun liqour. Having said that, how would you and those in your party rate the quality of drinks with the well liquor? My husband likes a decent tequila and me...a decent rum or vodka. Can you remember some of the brands of 'run of the house' liquor?

I'm sure I'll have some additional questions, but for now....thanks in advance for your help!

Can someone who has been to OC/T with kids about the same age advise on the quality of the kids club?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral--Recent guests

Am heading there in a few months, but not with kids.

As to your questions:

"Besides the need to have lots of hustle and bustle for the kiddos, hubby and I appreciate good drinks. I've been reading alot about the Privilege club, but at an exorbitant daily rate x 5, I don't think I can justify the cost based on premiun liqour"

I wouldn't pay "an exobitant daily rate" just for booze either. We paid around $200 each for the whole upgrade package. We researched before booking and found this information:

Upgrade to Privilege junior suite including the following amenities and services:

Jacuzzi in all rooms

Privilege bedding package, all beds equipped with pillow top and special linens

Pillow menu

Large 32" LCD or Plasma TV

Alarm clock with iPod player

CD-DVD player

Iron and ironing board

Aromatherapy menu

Privilege toiletries

Upgraded mini-bar with premium drinks

Aromatherapy candles

Privilege beach towels upon arrival

Chaise lounge chairs on the balcony

Free Internet access in the room

Daily turn down service

Butler service to the room

Privilege Lounge

Air conditioned private lounge only available for Privilege guests

Privilege lounge is available 24 hours a day and include the following services

Drinks, wine selection, menu of coffees and teas

Hors D'oeuvres and snacks

Library and DVD selection for adults and kids

Daily newspapers

Concierge service

Privilege Beach

Private section of beach with upgraded chaise loungers

Personalized wait service for drinks

Privilege Kids

Daisy's Kid's Kit provided upon arrival

Special drinks and meals for kids available at the Privilege Lounge

Bathing gowns for kids

Books and DVD's for kids available at the Privilege Lounge

All clients staying in Master Suites and Royal Master suites will have access to all Privilege services

.As part of resorts services and in a way to exceed guests expectations, New Butler Service is available, exclusively for Privilege Guests. Enojoy the experience of a wide range of extra Services:

• Luggage unpacking and packing.

• Press delivery.

• Pillow selection delivery.

• Shoe shine.

• Iron clothes.

• Laundry pick up clothes.

• Room service orders taking.

• Spa reservations.

• Jacuzzi fill services.

• Pool towels changing.

• Restaurants reservations.

• Sports courts reservation.

• Tours advice.

• Wake up calls.

• Bellboy service reservation.

• Area information.

• Message delivery.

• Flight and pick up confirmation.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral--Recent guests

Unfortunately, they also charge that amount for the kids. So adding Privilege would cost us a little over 1K more for the week.

But, I do appreciate you providing that information.

Edited: 12 November 2011, 13:57
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Coral--Recent guests

Hi again Roostergirl

We will be going soon (Dec 1 - 8 ) and I'll scope those things out for you. Our kids are not coming on this trip, but I always find myself missing them and watching other kids play. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures, and try to come up with pros & cons list for you.

Cheers!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Coral--Recent guests

Roostergirl.. you might want to check with the resort directly.. it seems in prior forum posts, you could buy adult privilege, but not necessarily required to include your kids. Gabriella at OCT is the one to contact. We were at the resort in April high season (FULL!!) so went with privilege, but it may not be necessary when you are planning to go. Either way... we really liked the place .. lots to do for everyone. Even their "low end" liquor is considered high end at many places.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Coral--Recent guests

Just got back and loved it.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Coral--Recent guests

Lakemist~~~ That is a good idea. Thank you for the suggestion. I will contact Gabriella and ask.

MissMassey~~~ I would LOVE it if you could check on the kids activities while you're there. We're not big drinkers, but when on vacation, we like a decent liquor. Could you also check to see what kinds of rum, vodka and tequila they offer to regular guests? Thanks so much!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Coral--Recent guests

I have similar questions related to the alcohol. My wife and I are headed here on Sunday and usually stay where premium is served, but this was just booked today on an almost whim.

Does anyone know what brands of alcohol is available for non-privileged guests? Or is just the well swill?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Coral--Recent guests

I think a recent review mentioned specific alcohol brands.

Iowa
Level Contributor
339 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Coral--Recent guests

We will be there Nov 19-26. We are taking our 11 year old son. I am hoping too for his age there will be some fun things for him to enjoy as well. I will let you know after we return what they all have for kids. I do know they have only Corona for the beer. We are not going priv as we felt for us it wasn't worth that extra money to upgrade from what I have gathered from other guest.... If you have facebook, they have a page and people are good about anwsering questions on there too. I also have emailed Gabriella about questions via email. She is great for responding back. Have a great trip and we are super excited - less than a week for us- yippy! Its gonna be hard to stay focused at work this week- ha!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Coral--Recent guests

Thank you Sunny! I look forward to reading your review. Have a GREAT vacation.