We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best kids pool & beach?

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
292 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Best kids pool & beach?

Hi everyone,

Looking for a condo complex with a kids section to the pool & a calm- non rocky beach. I was looking at Palma Real. The pool looks good, but worried the beach may be rocky. I'm also concerned with potential polution from that dock (boats dumping & dripping various nasties)

Any tips would be appreciated!

Iowa
Level Contributor
292 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best kids pool & beach?

oops- I forgot to mention I am also looking at Villas Playasol. Our kids are small 4 & 7.

Thanks!

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best kids pool & beach?

The Palma Real beach is not rocky, although there are ships docked occasionally. I wasn't aware that the pool has a separate kids' section.

Iowa
Level Contributor
292 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best kids pool & beach?

Thank for the reply. I got the 2 places confused in my post.

Do you know about the beach in front of Villas Playasol? Is it rocky & can you go out very far? (I've been to places where you can only go out to your knees before you hit rock)

Thanks again!

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best kids pool & beach?

The beach is just sandy. There are essentially no rocks even if you go out above your head. The only obstacles (in some places) are obviously-visible shelves that look like coral and have plants growing on top. The tops of these shenves are usually just below the water surface. The shelves are only found in water deeper than 3 feet. There are also small patches (6" diameter typically) of seagrass. The beach is like this for the entire town.

5. Re: Best kids pool & beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2013, 10:19