We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from SSS

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Live from SSS

Good afternoon all....this is a bit of a break from my normal vacation as I do not post while on vacation as a rule.

I just had to post today as the weather here is fantastic and I have to let you all know about the new, improved beach here at SSS.

In one word......"Gorgeous"...they have really improved the beach and added a pier type boardwalk at the corner of the property. The sand is all white and fluffy and extends into the water. I have not been in the water yet as we just arrived but it appears they have cleaned up not only the beach but the enterance into the water as well. I can't tell how far out but is looks great.

Off to have some lunch and a few tequilas....I will post some pics when I get back...seven days here and then three at EPM....life is good.

Edited: 16 January 2012, 18:10
IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from SSS

Have a good one. Five weeks until we are there!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from SSS

Great to hear about the beach and I look forward to seeing the photos

Are you happy with your room???

dorset
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from SSS

have a great time 5stars.

Interesting to read your comments on the beach as even the most recent reviews are seriously slating it?

Cant wait for you photos.

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from SSS

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

What is the temp of the pools? Watching on the webcam, and never seems like many in the pool or at the swim up bar.

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from SSS

Unheated pools have a midday (if sunny) surface temp of 72-74°F.

5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from SSS

Brrrr, colder than I thought. Thinking of going in early March, they need to warm up significantly for me to spend anytime in the pool.

Thanks

Edited: 18 January 2012, 01:58
detroit
Level Contributor
126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from SSS

I see your profile pic is a Jamaican flag...we usually go to Couples in Negril but are going to SSS for the first time in about 5 weeks as well! Can't wait:)

Edited: 18 January 2012, 02:37
detroit
Level Contributor
126 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from SSS

ml0tb07...I see your profile pic is a Jamaican flag...we usually go to Couples in Negril but are going to SSS for the first time in about 5 weeks as well! Can't wait:)

montreal
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from SSS

Hi,

Can we see those pictures from the new pier ?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from SSS

What's the site for the SSS webcam?