We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

floaties@ ERC

toronto
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
floaties@ ERC

Hey guys. My hubby and I will be heading down to ERC at the end of March for our anniversary. Ive been reading the topics in the forum but still have a question. We plan on bringing our own floaties for the pool like some have suggested. My question is does the hotel have an air pump that we could borrow to inflate these things?

Collegeville...
Level Contributor
345 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: floaties@ ERC

tequilad, at some of the resorts we have stayed it was pretty much a neccesity to bring your own, but at the ERC there are ALWAYS ample floaties for everyone.

toronto
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: floaties@ ERC

Oh ok great! because some ppl were saying at times there were none available. Thanks so much for the info. Thats money on my pocket

Suwanee, Georgia
Level Contributor
279 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: floaties@ ERC

We had no issue finding available floats even mid and later in the day. We visited Jan 14-22.

Have a great time!

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: floaties@ ERC

Hi we were at erc 14-31 jan and during our 1st week there were plenty of floats around however the 2nd week people were using floats as extra mattresses on their loungers which meant there wasn't any to use in the pool. We did take our own floats so we were ok and we did have to blow them up ourselves. I think it's hit and miss with the availability of the floats.

Edited: 13 February 2012, 19:42
Iowa Quad Cities
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: floaties@ ERC

We have been to ERC twice and usually there were plenty of floaties. Of course, you get the people who try to "save" the floaties just like people do the lounges. But overall it wasn't an issue.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: floaties@ ERC

If you can't find a spare float but discover that someone is hoarding one and not using it, just ask for it.

They don't want confrontation but hold on to them because we don't usually ask and they can get away with it

toronto
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: floaties@ ERC

wow! ok waking up in the wee hrs in the am on vacay to reserve lounge chairs i can understand. I don't agree with it but I understand. BUT using floaties as extra padding come on ppl!!! thats absurd. I'm with you PizzaJohn I will just nicely ask to use it if I see someone not using theirs. Whatever happening to sharing?...

La Grange, Illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: floaties@ ERC

Last year I couldn't find a floatie and asked someone who had one by their chair all day without using it if I could use it. They became rather belligerent and said they were going to use it now. I didn't ask any more and eventually got one. There are plenty to go around if people would use them like they are supposed to.

This year we are bringing our own just in case.

9. Re: floaties@ ERC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:21