We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returned from ERC

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Returned from ERC

Any questions?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,525 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returned from ERC

Did you have a great trip and what were the highlights???

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
259 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returned from ERC

Would you upgrade to the club suites?

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Returned from ERC

Hi elf. No I wouldn't bother. The standard room was lovely..

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Returned from ERC

Hi flipflop man. We had an amazing time. Beautiful resort in all respects. Highlights for me were seeing my Dtr's face when she saw the room decorated for her BD,walking the beach each morning and snorkeling the reef from Puerto Morelos. Our guide found a "baby" sea turtle about 12" diameter coming up for air. He gently got it, swam with it, bringing him up for air when needed. I got to hold him before he took him back to the reef. That was very special for me.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,525 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returned from ERC

Great to hear you had a great time

Not long now until we get back there ourselves

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Returned from ERC

Can't wait to read your review.

Paradise, California
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Returned from ERC

peggy b

So happy to hear you had an amazing time. I wanted to know who did you hire for your snorkeling? Hubby & I really want to do that, but also would like to tour on a catamaran. Any ideas?? Oh, we will be there in 8 days!!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Returned from ERC

Hi

glad you had a great time. I have a few questions. My bf and I are thinking of booking ERC for mid nov this year. We have been to EPC three times and this will be our first trip to mexico mainly because we are beach people and the ocean seems calmer. Is the beach nice and is it good for snorkeling? Did you enjoy the food usually it is pretty good. Did you get to go on any excursions and shopping etc. Last queston how far from the airport did it take you to get to the resort. Oh and yes is the sun really strong? we just got back from Jamaica and I got baked even with sunblock on. And is their a time difference we live on the east coast in the us. Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

Terry

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Returned from ERC

You can book many types of tours thru reps at ERC. You can also book snorkeling right at the diving kiosk near bldg 7 and bypass going into town and you leave in a boat right from the beach. Back in an hour or so. We just wanted a 1/2 day trip, going into town, which they had. The cost $50 usd, a little more for lunch. We opted not to do lunch as it would give us an hour to look for gifts and we could eat later at ERC. Puerto Morelos is a very tiny fishing village, so that was plenty of time, also there are only a few little shops. Not any high end wares, mostly tees, magnets etc. Accept for the tees, you can get those things at ERC. Ask for the tour with Philippe. He pointed out a morey eel, barracuda, stingray, and a baby sea turtle among others.

Have a beautiful time. So jealous!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Returned from ERC

thank you so much peggy totally appreciate it!!

Terry

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos