We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet access at el dorado royals

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Internet access at el dorado royals

I want to attend a wedding in December at the el dorado royale. But I will need good Internet so I can access my companies VPN. Is there good reliable fast Internet access? And is irt only in the rooms or does it cover the pools and beach also

Thanks

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet access at el dorado royals

I believe it it available everywhere. There is a $15 per day charge.

Confirm that here: eldoradosparesorts.com/hotels/…

Click on the CHAT in the upper right hand corner.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet access at el dorado royals

Thanks. I tried the chat and they say they have access all over the resort. I would still like to know if anyone has personal knowledge of how well it really works.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet access at el dorado royals

We stayed on the Casitas side last summer and used the WIFI to skype with our daughter. There was almost no lag. We have heard that it can be hit or miss sometimes, but we did not have any problems. You might be able to request a room closer to a wifi tower which would help.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet access at el dorado royals

Thanks djc1414. That's a good idea

Springfield...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet access at el dorado royals

No problem. Have a wonderful time!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet access at el dorado royals

I have stayed there several times and always need to keep in touch via email and phone with clients. We have always stayed in a Casita suite. I have found the internet service to be sketchy. Sometimes it is decent and other times painfully slow. Sometimes there was no service at all. It has certainly never been consistent.

I can rarely get a strong enough signal to SKYPE and many times have had to go to the main lobby with my iphone to do so. It has always been better in the lobby area IME but that is a pain, especially since they are charging for it.

Edited: 01 May 2012, 21:36
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet access at el dorado royals

I'm here now and it's working great, but I'm only using it from my patio. Too bright during the day by the pool or beach to see the screen.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet access at el dorado royals

Okay ~ gotta admit... It's been a little slow at times. I've only got one bar right now.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Internet access at el dorado royals

thanks everyone for the responses. It sounds like internet access at most vacation spots I've been too, spotty.

I'll try to get vaca days, so I don't have to be online too much.

Thanks again

10. Re: Internet access at el dorado royals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:18