We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
97 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

We finally booked our trip to El Dorado and can't wait. We will be heading there at the end of August. We have some time, but very excited.

Is there a business center where we can check our email (for free)??

Also, heard La Fondue was closed. Does anyone know if they are planning on opening up another restaurant in it's place?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

I'll see if I can find out for you today. I saw what looked to be a business center with several computers up by the main lobby of EDR. The Fondue restaurant is currently closed,

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

Yes, there's a business center up by the front lobby - a long way from the Casitas - Pay by the hour or 1/2 hour and the time can be split over days. Not sure of cost, but it's not free.

The Fondue restaurant has been adios'd due to it's lack of popularity. A decision has not been made on a replacement. They're considering a steak house.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
97 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

Thanks so much L'Net!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

I was told that La Fondue is permanently closed and it's now being used as the staff meeting area/cafeteria. I am curious if they are going to re-open La Carreta as the new steak house?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
97 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

Ohhhhh, what's La Carreta??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

La Caretta was the original Mexican restaurant onsite before Fuentes. It's located behind Las Guacamays bar - kind of hidden away. I'm not sure what the space is being used for now.

Edited: 07 May 2012, 22:20
New York, NY
Level Contributor
97 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

Ahhh, interesting. Hopefully in the 3 months time until we depart, they will figure it all out. I am not that big of a Fondue fan, so anything else will do!

:-)

FL
Level Contributor
287 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

We just booked a trip to EDR last month and La Fondue was the main reason we picked this resort. Why didn't they update their website?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
526 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

One of the restaurants ~ I don't recall which one ~ picked up some of their fondues.

10. Re: El Dorado Royale Casitas - La Fondue/Business Center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 18:15