We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

plano tx
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

Anyone have any pictures or any info on this new resort?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

Just the ones from the resorts home page www.elcid.com We will be arriving on April 29, at least that is what I hope. We haven't recieved a confirmation letter yet.

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

I can confirm that it is open. Some construction still going on, but they have guests.

Make sure you visit Puerto Morelos too!

Ontario
Level Contributor
786 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

Could you tell us what you thought of the resort...does the construction distrupt..is it worth the money..what about the eco park they say is near by..did you visit it.

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

I should clarify, I live here I was not staying as a guest.

I believe the eco-park is an area of mangrove that they agreed not to develop. It has been proved that the mangrove is important to the health of the reef, which is very important to us.

stl
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

did you get any information,

we are looking to book and with only the pictorals I am a bit hesitant,

the two reviews on tripadvisor said it is great,

thanks

stl
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

we want to go to el cid

do you have any info

is there a beach?

is the fitness center open?

louisiana
Level Contributor
234 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

I am also looking to go to the Marina El Cid early May but am having the same problem as far as travelers pictures.

I did look on the website and google at pictures but none of them really had any beach pictures and that is what I am concerned about. I would also love to know if there are any hotels right next to it.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

David-

I am looking for info regarding this resort as well. I was able to find some "updated" pictures at this site of funjets: …blogspot.com/2006/03/photo-update-of-hotel-…

The room pic looks quite different from the resort sites pic, but still welcoming. I will be watching for all posts regarding this resort.

Thanks

Detroit
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

Check out my info in response to princess16 and vacation920. My family returned on the 20th of April and we had a nice time. Read the cons on one of the posts.

The pictures on the web are fairly accurate. Our pillows on the bed were slightly different. We had the room with the king and the pull down bed that can double (if you are not using the bed) as a living room type of area. We had a small kitchen area in our room as well. And I'd like to point out again that the sheets suck and take a TON of sunscreen.

The pool is fantastic. My kids (4,7) loved the pool. There is a whole little section with a waterslide for little ones. My 7 year old was doing the cliff dive thing!

The beach-small but beautiful. The sea gets rocky at your knees so watch your feet.

The resort, while we were there, was all families. Even the teenagers and 20 somethings were with their parents.

As for the AI we don't usually do that but it is very convenient with kids. If you don't like something send it back and get something new. It makes dealing with a picky eater stress free. And isn't that the point of the vacation anyway? My 4 year old ate watermelon and Zucaritas (Frosted Flakes) all week and these other little girls my daughter befriended ate spaghetti all week. So there you go! Any other questions, keep 'em coming.

I want to say I've stayed at the Ritz, I've stayed at the 4 Seasons. This is not at that level. It is a nice relaxing place to do the beach vacation with a family. Staff is nice, helpful but not in the "can I mist you by the pool?" that they do at the Four Seasons. If you're ok with a pina colada every 15 to 20 min, in a nice room, again minus the sheets, then by all means stay there!

I hope this is helpful. Have fun!

Phoenix
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Marina El Cid Cancun Riviera Maya

I have looked all over the internet for information about this hotel but keep coming back here because it has the only relevant current information. A good description can be found here: vacationexpress.com/riviera_maya/…

I will be going for 8 days, 7 nights in June as a single and it is costing me less than $1000 which includes airfare. For that price, I figure it is worth a shot, particularly when compared to the other AI hotels along the coast. Judging by everything I have seen and read, it should be great.