We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

Boston
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

Another question from me today :) Is it easy to arrange for mattress toppers at the EDR? Hubbie and I both hate very firm mattresses and have managed to get one of these on a previous trip to another resort in Mexico. I have no idea if these are readily available? Just want to know if I should bug the travel agent we will be working with to put a Gold Star by this request.

Also, how difficult is it to get a roll away cot or ensure a two bed room in case we have to share our room with our son. We would of course book a room for three but wonder if either two double beds or the rollaway cot are easy to get. Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

Karrie,

I just want to make sure you are referring to the El Dorado Royale. You mention your son, which makes me think you do not mean the EDR but maybe another resort as the EDR is adults only...

If you are referring to the EDR, we have stayed at the sister properites (EDSS and EDM) a total of 14 times now and can say that the beds are incredibly comfortable. I am not a hard bed person either and would gladly trade my Tempurpedic for the beds that they have at the El Dorado Maroma! I do not believe the EDR has roll aways (but I may be mistaken).

Good luck getting your answers and have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
El Dorado Royale, by...
11,319 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
El Dorado Maroma, by Karisma
El Dorado Maroma, by...
4,494 Reviews
Playa Maroma, Mexico
Boston
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

Thanks. Yes, our son is very much an adult and also a starving artist so if we don't lend him the money, we will all have to s--- it up and share a room when we go down for his sister's wedding. Glad to hear about the beds, I read one review that said the beds were very hard and to ask for the toppers.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

:-), understand about your son! I do hope the beds are the same as the EDM, they are wonderful! You may want to do the online chat at http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/ and ask about double beds. I do believe you can request rooms with 2 double beds if traveling as a 3 person group.

Boston
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

I'll do that, thanks Akandal

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
206 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

I will agree the beds are very comfortable.

Boston
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

OK, I feel a little better. At Grand Bahai Principe Tulum they were rock hard so we were glad to get the topper.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

If I'm not mistaken, the 2 double bed option is only available in the Gardenview suites - all other suite levels indicate maximum occupancy is 2, so make sure your TA checks into that for you!

Edited: 10 July 2012, 19:07
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

Sorry my mistake - it's only the Swimup suites and above that have max 2 occupancy;

Boston
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

OK, no problem, I'll be checking this all out anyway

10. Re: Mattress toppers at the EDR? Double beds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 06:16