We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Excellence room question

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,847 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Another Excellence room question

Hi all, Going to ERC next April on a all ladies trip (8 total) and my room mate and I are going to book a Excellence Club JR Suite with 2 double beds.

From reading another thread it appears that in that category there are only 2 rooms with doubles. Am I reading that correctly?

I am going to book my room in Sept. any tips to request a room with doubles? What building and floor?

Also, is the best way to book hotel with air by calling their toll free number?

Thanks so much!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Excellence room question

I also read that they had only two rooms with two double beds in the EC Junior Suite category of rooms. If you'd like to confim with Excellence direct then if you e-mail them at rivieracancun@excellence-resorts.com, I'm sure they'll respond.

As for booking, I have booked room only direct with the resort, in fact we did that for our upcoming Septemeber visit, but I've never booked air+room from Excellence. You could plug in the dates you want and see what the quoted rate is but I would also check out other on-line booking sites and check with a travel agent if you have one.

Haverfordwest...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Excellence room question

Room 7256 has 2 queen beds. It is in the Excellence Club block that overlooks the main pool (not the Excellence Club pool) and is at the beach end of the block. It is on the 2nd floor (ground floor, 1st floor, 2nd floor). I say this as I understand that floor levels are referred to differently in the US.

We were very pleased with the location and the view and although we didn't request 2 beds we weren't bothered about it. There are a couple of drawbacks but they didn't really cause a major problem.

1) It has a connecting door to the bridal suite next door (room 7257).

2) The door to the room is directly across from the lift and maids' storage room. Did get a bit noisy very early on some mornings and very late on some nights.

If 2 beds is a must then this room may be a good choice.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,847 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Excellence room question

Thanks for your responses. James, I don't like the fact that 7256 is next to the housekeeping room, anyone know where the other double bedded room is located?

If anyone needs information on Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, let me know so I can give back!

Meadowlakes, Texas...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Excellence room question

We just returned from Excellence and were disappointed to have two queen beds in our room, but if that is what you want then I would suggest room 7154. It is in the club section and overlooks the main pool. It does not have a connecting room but it is across from the stairwell but we didn't notice any noise at all. Hope you enjoy your vacation there as much as we did!

5. Re: Another Excellence room question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:16