We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ado Bus

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eagan, Minnesota
2 posts
Save Topic
Ado Bus

Is it safe to take ADO bus from Cancun Airport to Puerto Morelos? I am a little worried about having our luggage on bus. Any information helps. Thanks

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,996 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ado Bus

No worries. The last time I took the bus, you stop on the highway near a 7-11 or OXXO ( I forget) and a PEMEX gas station. Taxis are there to take you to your hotel.

More info here

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

KC MO
Level Contributor
614 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ado Bus

We have traveled to PM 3 times via the ADO with all our luggage in tow. Cabs will be there waiting no matter what time you arrive. We have never had any trouble getting a cab. When we go again in 4 weeks we will be taking the ADO again.

Enjoy your trip.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ado Bus

When I go IN 4 WEEKS!!!!!!! .......I will take the ADO as well. Actually I'm going to be using it quite a bit. You'll be surprised as how smooth it all is (hope I don't eat those words!). Grab a seat near the baggage compartment if you're concerned. PM is the first stop anyway or close to it. There is also a colectivo that stops at the bus stop on 307 that goes around PM.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ado Bus

ADO is a professional bus line. The luggage compartment underneath the seating is large. Two staff members usually are on hand to help load and unload. I always use it. Never any problems.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,026 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ado Bus

I travel all over Mexico on ADO. It is a very well run, professional bus line. Unlike Greyhound in the USA. All modern Mercedes or Volvo buses driven by well trained drivers.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,191 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ado Bus

I had a really hard time deciding on this and ended up with USA Transfers again...I might take the bus for the second leg of the race lol...thanks for all info on the bus. :-)

Montana
Level Contributor
328 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ado Bus

ADO is THE way to go! Punctual, clean, courteous and professional. Not to mention exponentially less expensive! If you are going to use ADO to return to the airport from Puerto Morelos then you should buy your ticket ahead of time as the bus can easily fill up in Playa del Carmen and there won't be any seats.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ado Bus

We will be in Puerto Morelos in 13 days. How close is the ADO bus station to Now Sapphire? Is it possible to travel to Akumal, Tulum and back on the bus? Approxamently what would the rates be or would it be better to take a taxi for the day? Thanks

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ado Bus

ADO to Now Sapphire is about 5 miles. Taxi from ADO to Sapphire is 90 pesos.

Yes there is an ADO bus that travels to ruins at Tulum without changing in Playa del Carmen. The morning departure is at 8:50 with return times starting at 1:30 pm till 6:00pm. (approx every hour) Cost is 78 pesos round trip.

To Akumal, I would take the Playa Express colectivo from the highway (In front of the Pemex station) to Playa (20 pesos) and then the Playa Express colectivo to Akumal. (I don't remember the price for that leg but probably about 30-40 pesos)

The Playa Expess colectivos run all the way to Tulum from Playa

ohio
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ado Bus

PuertoMorelos... Thank you! Do ADO busses accept US dollars? I got spoiled in Cozumel being able to use US dollars.Can we use US $ for Tulum ruins entrance fee. I hesitate to use my credit cards in Mexico due to previous experiances.