We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Boat at Excellence Riviera Cancun ERC?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling Boat at Excellence Riviera Cancun ERC?

My wife and I are headed back to ERC in December (for the 3rd time).

On our previous trip in Oct/10 there was a tour boat located between ERC and the resort next door (Dreams). They charged $25/person to head out to the reef for a couple hours of snorkeling with a tour guide (at two spots), as long as they had 4 people in total. It was quite convenient as we didn't need to find our way into Puerto Morelos for essentially the same price/experience.

The boat/tour operator was there throughout the 10 days of our trip, and we went out twice in a small group of four people.

Does anyone know if this opportunity still exists?

Thanks!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling Boat at Excellence Riviera Cancun ERC?

That sounds fun! And reasonably priced. I will be watching for a response to this post. We are heading to ERC for our first time - in 20 sleeps :) for 2 weeks. Looking so forward to it.

~JO

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling Boat at Excellence Riviera Cancun ERC?

Jo - hope you have a great time. We've been to EPM, EPC and ERC (twice) and love the atmosphere of ERC the best. Enjoy your vacation.

Regarding the snorkling boat, we were just there and I can't recall seeing it but then again we weren't looking for it. This trip was spent relaxing by the pool most days.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,430 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling Boat at Excellence Riviera Cancun ERC?

I was at the NOW Sapphire in June - to the best of my recollection, the operator there (between ERC and NOW) was asking $40 per person.

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling Boat at Excellence Riviera Cancun ERC?

Liisa -- what????? traitor to VIM?? did you win the trip?

Westminster...
Level Contributor
409 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkeling Boat at Excellence Riviera Cancun ERC?

We were there in Sept - The guys name is Eduardo - I took the trip with him - It was $40 but they do pick you up right on the beach. He has a table set up at the end of the road between Dreams & ERC. Look for the glass bottom boat.

You can probably get a trip out of Puerto Morales for $25 - but you would have to get down there & back

It was well worth $40 for me - saw lots of cool fish

6. Re: Snorkeling Boat at Excellence Riviera Cancun ERC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 10:16