We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doctor

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Doctor

I just realized I brought an extra box of antihistamines instead of another box of blood pressure medications.

Is there a Dr. here that could prescribe, hopefully the same medication?

I'm here for another 2 weeks so I can't just not take them which I would do if it were only a day or two.

Here being P.M.

Thanks

Edited: 20 November 2012, 16:09
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doctor

does your property have an onsite doctor or ask at the desk.

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doctor

No prescription need for blood pressure medicines in Mexico. Most any pharmacy should have it in stock.

midwest
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doctor

Dr. Ernesto Ramirez Esparza, cellular phone 998 228 60 52, speaks English. We have not used him, but have friends who have and have been pleased.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doctor

Thank-you, Thank-you,

My blood pressure just decreased with your info.

I'm not in a resort Katzgar, or I would have been frantic at their front desk.

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
839 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doctor

Check with the Similares pharmacy on the highway, on the Southbound service road, about a block South of the main intersection and the Pemex. They have a computer that they use to match prescribed meds to their generic equivalent. And they are CHEAP! I trust PMFrank on this one, but if it turns out you do need a prescription, they have a doctor on-site during daytime hours that will give you a consultation and write the necessary prescription(s) for around 40-50 pesos.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doctor

Losartan and Amlodipine are available at Farmacias Similares. I usually buy a 1 months supply of both drugs for 400 Pesos (30US). A little Spanish would help as most do not speak English.

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doctor

If you want to donate the box of antihistamines, I can get them to the local public clinic, if you are in town please drop them at CAsa Caribe and it will get to the free clinic

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doctor

Thanks, i was able to get an equivalent in PD. My prescription had 2 components but I was able to buy the same components separately.

In all my years of traveling this is the first time I messed up my medications.

Hopefully an isolated incident and not a sign of things to come.

Edited: 22 November 2012, 22:45
9. Re: Doctor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 02:15