We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC excellence club room selection?

ottawa
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ERC excellence club room selection?

Can anyone recommend an excellence club room or excellence club building that will have morning sun? I am going to request an upper level room for the best view but would love any room recommendations. It's our first time to ERC, but have been to both other excellence properties (playa mujeres and Punta Cana). 10 days and counting!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERC excellence club room selection?

Hi - either buildings 7b or 8 would give you morning sun. We stayed at ERC in Nov 2010 in building 7b and I have lots of sunrise photos just as the sun rose above the horizon that I took from our balcony. We were just there in Sept 2012 and stayed in room 7359 which I believe may be one of the few rooms on the top floor that are not RTT rooms. It was a great location overlooking the EC pool and great view over the water.

One of the things we didn't consider before we got there was that with the shorter days in late November and the sun starting to set before 6PM, the sun was going behind the buildings a lot earlier than when you're there in the late spring. If I recall correctly by 4 or 430PM the EC pool was starting to be in shade so we'd often move to the main pool. When we were there the weather was hot and sunny and the EC pool was great to cool off.

Hope you have a great time there!!

ottawa
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ERC excellence club room selection?

Thank you so much for your help. I noticed you are from Ottawa-so am I.

You mentioned staying in 7b in 2010. Is your room from this past Sept (7359) in 7b as well? I might just include that room number in my written email request.

We travel south every year in December and are getting used to the early sunset. It's a bit of a downer to miss some of the sun soaking happiness, but at least it doesn't get completely dark at 4:30 like it does here!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ERC excellence club room selection?

Yes, we stayed in 7b on both visits. In 2010 we were one floor below top level (72xx, can't remember the room #) and 7359 is top floor, building 7b.

I was thinking this morning, with -14C weather, how great it would be to have a get-away soon. But we found travelling late November and so close to the holidays, to make us feel unprepared for the holidays. Some day I think we may just plan a trip south at Christmas.

Have a great time!

Westminster...
Level Contributor
408 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ERC excellence club room selection?

Stayed in room 8352 - it was awesome - have some pictures posted in my review from the balconey - check out the view & Sunrise to get an idea

my Review was posted 9/20/12

Edited: 30 November 2012, 18:12
ottawa
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ERC excellence club room selection?

Wow-I took a look at your pictures and you did have a nice view. By the sounds of it, as long as I am in 7b or 8-I will have good sun and a nice sunrise.

Thanks so much for your help.

6. Re: ERC excellence club room selection?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:16