We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

We arrived yesterday. I am a novice at the forums and still exploring the resort but I would be happy to try to answer any questions you may have!

So far we couldn't be happier with the resort. We had lunch at the Seaside Grill and dinner at Bordeaux, both of which were fantastic. We are staying in building 2.

champaign
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

Hello! How many on your plane did the square deal? What kind of room did you get? What the beach How full is the hotel? How was the transfers? Lots of ?!! Maybe we will be placed there on Wed! Thanks :)

new hampshire
Level Contributor
414 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

Thanks alot for posting live! Glad you love the resort! couple of questions for you? when did you find out you were going to SSS? and were any other people on the trip going to 6 apple sq deal? were they all sent to SSS?, also build 2 is it central to beach, restaurants, room ect. and is the beach bad? can you walk it? Thanks and Have a Wonderful Time!

Michigan
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

We met one other couple on the plane that also were sent to SSS. That is all I know of for sure. We found out when we checked in at the airport.

We are in a pool view junior suite. There is absolutely no ocen view from our room, but I personally don't mind. The pool behind our building is quiet and is sunny until late in the afternoon where some of the other pools on the property are shaded as early as noon.

The transfer couldn't have been simpler. Keep your head down until you get out of the building past customs so the time share people don't get you. I almost got sucked in- they said they were showing me to the apple vacations desk but were leading me to ine of their desks when a nice stranger walked by and said, "don't do it!" When I realized what they were doing I just kept walking out. We waited for about ten minutes and the apple people put us in a van with four others and drove directly to the resort- no stops!

I don't yet have a good read on occupancy.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

How is the beach? Is it at least nice to walk along and possibly wade in to cool off?

usa
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

We will be ariving next sunday the 13th. Just wondering what the temperatures have been like. Also have you found there are a lot of mosquitoes at night?

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

How will we know who to talk to at the airport to find out where our apple transfer is?

I am new to this???

usa
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

Walk outside of the airport the tour companies are located outside the airport. Just walk straight out. Don't stop to talk to anyone and don't let them "help you with your bags." They are timeshare sharks.

usa
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

Apple vacations is set up in a booth right outside the airport doors.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,966 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

Where are the elevators located?..Here is a resort map from SSS, no mention of elevators..

Bldg1 is at lower left and the bldgs then are 2, 3A, 3B, 3C, 4 A,B,C & D, 5 & 6 in counter clockwise order..

secretsresorts.com/silversands/resort-map.asp

…photobucket.com/albums/aa96/litenlarry/Scan…

Edited: 06 January 2013, 16:04
Johnstown...
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from SSS- 6 Apple Square Deal Riviera Maya Adults Only

>>Where are the elevators located?<<

If memory serves each building has its own elevator, I was in building 1 (also on a sq deal) and it was about in the center of the building.

nik

Edited: 06 January 2013, 16:34