We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El dorado casitas - grabbing quick snacks

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
El dorado casitas - grabbing quick snacks

Hi there,we have been trying to. Decide between this and the Excellence PM. Today we booked the EDRC because of a flash sale. In looking and reading, I need some help. Can you tell me what options are available down at this end of the resort for grabbing quick snacks throughout the day? We are smackers and like to grab some quick bites throughout the afternoon. From what I see, our options are limited down at this end. Please tell me. I am wrong in assuming that we have to walk to the royal for this. Are there things like a grill or pizza station etc throughout the resort?

I am now thinking maybe we should have booked the EPM :(

Chilpayas
££ - £££, Mexican, Caribbean, Latin
DK Puerto Morelos
££ - £££, Mexican, Caribbean, Seafood
Richard's Bistro
££ - £££, Austrian
Springfield...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El dorado casitas - grabbing quick snacks

There is a place to get wraps, etc. right behind the pool in section 31 of the Casitas- one of my favorite places to get lunch. The health bar is located where the Royale side and the Casitas meet. There is also 24 hour room service- you can have it delivered right to your patio- just jump out of the pool and have a quick bite.

Edited: 10 January 2013, 04:05
Mentioned in this post
Casitas
Casitas
170 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El dorado casitas - grabbing quick snacks

wow, that sounds nice! Thanks

Waterford, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El dorado casitas - grabbing quick snacks

We stayed in a free standing casita just past the asian restaurant March 2011. In addition to carts providing afternoon snacks (chicken, hamburgers, etc.) you can order room service. We had coffee delivered by 5:00am every morning. We enjoyed the asian place for breakfast and a couple of dinners. If you continue walking away from the main area, down the hill, the next complex has an outdoor grill...great for lunch.

The property is wonderful and so much to do, we left the property for an afternoon to visit Playa. Tourist trap for shopping...walked about 8 blocks west and found real Mexico.

Great idea to take the bike tour when you arrive at the property. So much to see and gives you a great prespective on what is available.

Enjoyed local fish and raw tuna at the beachfront restaurant, Italian was unbelievable. Not a fan of buffets, but there are 2 on the property that we would stop at for a quick breakfast. Okay, but we enjoy sit down places.

Have fun-

We are renting a condo in Puerto Morelos next month as a change of pace from AI.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El dorado casitas - grabbing quick snacks

are you able to take food from the place by section 31 back to your pool lounger or do you need to eat there?

Waterford, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El dorado casitas - grabbing quick snacks

Can take back or eat at the tables. We ate at the tables as some folks from our building area were there and we just sat and talked. You can also enjoy any pool area.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
530 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El dorado casitas - grabbing quick snacks

They do not want you taking food outside designated food areas for a variety of reasons. Doing so would be disrespectful to the resort and your fellow guests.

Edited: 16 January 2013, 03:24
7. Re: El dorado casitas - grabbing quick snacks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 07:19