We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

llantwit major
Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

Can anyone tell me if you get bottles of wine and spirits in your room, also do u get any crisps & snacks in the room .. as this hotel is surrounded by a mangrove swamp , will we ge savaged by mozzies, cos they love me ! Our last holiday was spent at EPM and was exceptional but ths time we wanted to try a different resort, I just hope this one lives up to EPM standards

Boston
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

Hi,

I've been to both and like both equally for different reasons. I remember wine but not spirits. However, there is a great beach bar between sections 28 and 29 where you can get drinks. Can't remember about the snacks though. Also, every casita section has their own swim up bar. Have a great trip.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
529 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

No wine in the room. No snacks. Liquor? I don't recall. If they were there, I removed them to make room for water bottles.

llantwit major
Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

Really ? Hope I havnt made a mistake booking this resort over ERC or EPM ..:( thanks for your reply

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
529 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

If there's something you want, just ask your concierge. They will bend over backwards for you to make sure you have what you want. Fernando offered (almost insisted) on picking something up for me in town (Cancun) on his way to work.

llantwit major
Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

If we wanted a couple of bottles of wine in our room , would the concierge arrange this and would it be inc or would we pay extra for this ? It's also our anniversary while we are there this is why I'm anxious for it to be perfect .. Also , I understand I can book restaurants as I'm in a casita , does this need to be done days in advance or on the day you wish to use a certain restaurant ?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
529 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

I see no reason why your concierge wouldn't do that for you - no charge, although, with the anniversary package a bottle of bubbly is included. Take a copy of your marriage license with you as they will want a copy to give you the included amenities such as a couples massage, beach dinner, free wifi... I would suggest you make all your dinner reservations with your concierge when you arrive. We wanted an 8:00 reservation nightly, with the exception of the night we reserved the shuttle to PDC and didn't care which cuisine was on what night, just that it was at 8:00. When you arrive, they will whisk you to the casita check in counter - get that out of the way and then go straight to your concierge hut. I found it easiest to deal with our concierges directly (Laisy and Fernando) for everything since their English was spot on and could translate any requests directly with staff (ie; room service, housekeeping, mini bar staff...).

Edited: 21 January 2013, 23:12
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
529 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

From the Karisma website.

Make sure your TA notes your anniversary in your reservation.

GOURMET HONEYMOON/ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE

Introducing the new amazing and romantic package

including:

-Private gourmet four course romantic dinner on the

beach,

-Chef´s special gourmet breakfast in bed the morning

after,

-2x1 Beachfront sky massages

-Chilled bottle of domestic champagne delivered to the

room upon arrival

-One night anniversary return stay voucher*

-Complimentary use of WI-FI,

-15 % discount on spa services

-Romantically decorated suite with rose petals

aromatherapy and candles and a fresh tropical flower

arrangement in room.

*Complimentary when booking a 5 night stay or longer in

qualifying category. Free return voucher valid only in

North America.

llantwit major
Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

Thank you so much for your reply

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

We were told that if we wanted a bottle of wine in our room we would have to order the wine and cheese combo from room service for $40.

I do not recall snacks in the room but you can call room service for light items.

While Casitas is not our favorite resort, we much prefer it to EPM for food, beds, grounds, number of pools. We have been to EPM once and will not return and have been to Casitas several times.

llantwit major
Level Contributor
162 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Few questions bout EL dorado casitas

Really ? At EPM it was so nice to be able to sit on the balcony and share a bottle of wine .. After paying over £4000 I'm not sure I want to be charged for a few bottles of house wine !