We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening dancing at EDR

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Evening dancing at EDR

Planning our first tip to EDR in September and are wondering if there are any spots within the complex where we could dance- mostly oldies since we aren't in our 20s anymore- LOL. Thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening dancing at EDR

They have entertainment every night in their theatre and have music. Different nights was different types of music.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening dancing at EDR

Thanks but does mean dancing? Is it only at the theatre- no little "night" clubs there?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
320 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening dancing at EDR

When I was there previously I don't recall any "dance" type spots on the resort. However this was even before they built the Casita Suites. We took a cab into PDC with a few other couples went dancing there. Also went on a PlayaCrawl last year when we stayed at SMB. Danced my butt off. lol Hope that helps some.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening dancing at EDR

No, no night club

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening dancing at EDR

Thanks all. What is PDC? And what is a PlayaCrawl? That sounds like something my kids could stay awake for but us baby boomers? Does that mean a dancing pub crawl with "youthful" music? Several years ago we went to a resort near Tulum and they did have a good size club and they did play some golden oldie stuff which was fun. Kind of hoping to repeat that.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening dancing at EDR

My husband and I also enjoy light dancing at resorts, we've not tried new resorts on a few occasions because they don't have this feature.

We enjoy the night life at The Valentin Imperial Maya. I don't think VIM is considered as "top notch" as the El Dorado resorts but we've been 3 times and would go back in a heartbeat. My 30th is this August so we've decided to try Secrets Silversands for something new. Two seasoned travellers from here reccomended that resort to me because of my emphasis on a nightlife, etc. Maybe check those two out if it's an option?

PDC = Playa Del Carmen :-)

Another nice resort to consider would be The Royal Playa Del Carmen. When we honeymooned there in 2008 there wasn't any type of dancing or live music at the resort but you are just steps away from as much nightlife as you can handle because of it's PDC location.

Good luck and happy travels!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening dancing at EDR

Las Guacamayas bar is the main entertainment area and yes there is a live band with dancing and then a DJ for the later hours every night! Tons of fun and usually some really great shows!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening dancing at EDR

Thanks again everyone! So Holobaby1- Las Guacamayas Bar is AT EDR? I know I could look it up maybe but I'm lazy.....thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
3,693 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Evening dancing at EDR

Sorry, never mind, I decided to check it out and there it is!! Looking forward to shaking our fannies a little bit when we go there!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
687 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Evening dancing at EDR

We will be there in 25 short days shaking our fannies as well! Have a great time!