We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

We have booked NOW Jade for 2week stay in mid July with out daughter nearly 12yrs. The more I read the more I think we should have booked one of the dreams resorts. I think it may be more family orientated and more to do for our daughter?? I think now jade may be more couple focused.If we do change we would probably move to dreams riviera cancun or dreams puerto adventure

There is a window of opportunity to change hotels, ii am really keen to get people's views on their thoughts the best hotel and on the best way forward. for a family of 3 with activities to suit tween! Size of rooms, service etc.

Many thanks

London, England
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

I believe Dreams are superior to NOW with regard to food and drink. If you can book Dreams for same price as NOW I would defiantly change to Dreams.

The standard room at DRC are small and all open plan so maybe a bit awkward with a teen. My son showered in his boxers and daughter in her bikini!!

Illinois, USA
Level Contributor
299 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

Been to both with our 12 yr old son, Dreams wins hands down! We all absolutely loved it there. At Jade he was bored and we were disappointed.

Dreams had more activities, better food and service. I agree the open floor plan can be somewhat of an issue for some, but for us it was okay.

The room service was fantastic. The entertainment beat Now as well.

Have fun!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

LOVED Dreams Riviera. Our 7 yr had a fantastic time. Great evening shows, drink, food . Rooms are open, but with the screening behind the bed, it's doable. Dad just needs to not to look in the giant mirror on the wall ;) While. Daughter is getting in/out of shower...lol. Our daughter would yell "getting in" "getting out" every time she'd take a shower. That was Dads que to go on the patio or point his eyes away from that mirror.

NOW Jade does look nice, and it's on my short list this year. I am sure wherever you go your daughter will have a great time...it is vacation!!

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

Dreams riviera is fantastic and with kids!

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

Dreams Tulum, then Now Jade, then Now Sapphire, then Dreams Riviera.

DRC is a high rise with too much concrete on too small a footprint. Just MHO.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

Thanks everyone so far it will set us back an extra £300, to move to DRC still not sur if t worth that. When I spoke with the agent in the phone he confirmed we have a guarenteed ocean front room (alrhough ths s verbally) if we move to DRC we would have standard room. Would people still on on this basis?

We could potential move to dreams puerto adventures for minimal charge.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

I have stayed at Dreams Puerta Aventura and for an all inclusive it is a great family resort compared to other all inclusives I have stayed at.It is a very compact resort which I like because everything is a short walk away.I am heading to Dreams Riviera Cancun this week.Dreams is a great Resort chain for families.I chose DRC this time because it is a newer property and closer to the airport.I have never stayed at a Now resort but from I have read on here Dreams is more superior.

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

If u like new more modern upscale resort dreams is beautiful. No it's not in a jungle but the Infiniti pool over looking the beach and the open air lobby is beautiful. I think that's what only 20 a day more for a 2 week period. Def I'd do it! Drc is above now jade in stars. And newer than the other properties and stays in the top 5-7 most of the time!

London, England
Level Contributor
178 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

I would definitely change to DRC. Well worth the extra £300. We are going back this year.

Toronto
Level Contributor
282 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Now jade or dreams......... Help what would yo do?

Renee, I am happy to read your post. Having enjoyed the Sapphire, I was concerned about firding Dreams Tulum a step below, (we are booked there this coming Christmas break).

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos