We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desire questions - dress code, snorkeling, beach, drinks....

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Desire questions - dress code, snorkeling, beach, drinks....

We're thinking of going to Desire (or perhaps Hidden Beach...?), and have a few questions. Other comments or general savvy are of course welcome too - Thanks!! :)

How's the beach? (Good swimming, big/small, sandy vs. rocky, plenty of adjacent beach for a couple-mile walk, what else is nearby, etc?)

Is there much/any snorkeling right off the resort, or within a modest walk and/or swim? (we'd bring our own equipment)

Anything interesting to kayak too nearby, like some little inlets, reefs, other scenic stuff, etc..?

How firmly is the mens' dress code enforced for dinner? I've never been to a place that required long pants, so I'm wondering if this is a bother and/or hot at dinner. Also curious what types of shoes & shirts are req'd.

Drinks... What better brands of liquor are included free? Would be nice to have Cointreau, Jose Cuervo, Canadian Club, Beefeater or Tanqueray, Grey Goose, etc...

Tnx again!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desire questions - dress code, snorkeling, beach, drinks....

Bump. Tnx for any info!

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desire questions - dress code, snorkeling, beach, drinks....

I've only stayed at Desire Pearl (and also at the previous "Ceiba del Mar"), but there's a "Desire Resorts Forum" where they have a lot of familiarity with the Desire RM. BTW, I used to live in Essex Junction.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desire questions - dress code, snorkeling, beach, drinks....

Thanks for the info! Will check it out. Cheers.

4. Re: Desire questions - dress code, snorkeling, beach, drinks....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 07:16