We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

Are you guys back from SERC yet? I'm waiting to see how much you LOVED every second of it!

Great Dunmow, Essex
Level Contributor
85 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

Hello

If they are anything like me (I went the same time as them) they will have really awful jet lag!!

I had a wonderful time, evry aspect of SRC was brilliant. Hopefuly at the weekend I'll write my report!

Ontario
Level Contributor
796 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

Hmmm....maybe they decided to find a spot to hide out and stay there. I know I wanted to. LOL

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

Hi beloro - I know what you mean...still hoping to get back to SERC sooner than next year, but the prices haven't budged since Wilma. Are you planning to visit SERC again? Sounds like it will be even better (if that is possible) when the Excellence Group takes over.

Lushlinds - Looking forward to your review. Hubby yells at me for still checking this site daily, but with the damp, dreary weather we have been having, it is my only escape! (:

Ontario
Level Contributor
796 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

We are definitely going back next year. We tried to book our room before we even left in January but because of the changes we weren't able to. I could have booked directly with the resort last month but it's a bit too much for us when we would have to pay our airfare seperate. As soon as I can go through a TA though I will be booking for 2 wonderful weeks.I'm kind of excited about the changes. As you said, it sounds like it is going to be even better. Didn't think that was possible. LOL

london
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

Yes we are back.I will put my review in few days.Overall we were not impressed as a matter of fact we were disappointed.Made a complaint and spoke to the in house GM( Mr Beck) and he told me that the hotel is an american orientated product and that i should pherhaps go the Meridien because i was a very demanding customer!!!!

Great Dunmow, Essex
Level Contributor
85 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

Hi Gentleman

Have you got a link to your report as I can't find it.

Thanks

london
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

hi i did not put it on yet,but i will.

NE Ohio
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

Again, I am so sorry to hear about your disappointing trip. Especially after the grand build up from this forum...Looking forward to your review.

KENT ENGLAND
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

hi rivieramaya40th,im back as well now,very very sad to leave the place we thought it was excellent.sorry gentleman 40 did not like it.we loved it,food was great,service was great,pools lovely, sea was blue,and the staff were truly truly brillant,maldives or brazil next year,but going back to serc in 2 years,i already miss it

Great Dunmow, Essex
Level Contributor
85 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: gentleman40 & Roxyace - Are you back???

I would agree with Roxyace, we loved SERC and we have stayed at some top notch places recently such as the Shangri La, Singapore, Banyan Tree, Bintan and Woodhall, North Yorkshire.