We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SSS versus secrets Capri

Central NJ
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
SSS versus secrets Capri

Any advice on difference of SSS and secrets Capri. Torn between one of them and Valentin imperial Thanks!!!

Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
616 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SSS versus secrets Capri

My understanding is that SSS does not have a great beach. I have stayed at Secrets Capri and Valentin. Valentin is larger and much more spread out, with superb food. Secrets Capri is smaller and more compact, food not as wondeful as Valentin, but certainly good. I would stay at either again.

Edited: 14 April 2013, 20:50
Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SSS versus secrets Capri

Have stayed at all three , hard to say which beach is better between Capri and Silversands , VIM has the better beach of the three if beach is what you are looking for. SSS is a wonderful resort and I highly recommend it , I would also say the same for VIM.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SSS versus secrets Capri

We've been to all three. VIM and Capri have a very Mexican vibe in the decor. VIM is very large, lots to do and not as compact as Capri. SSS is ultra-modern in decor. SSS does have a nice beach - they have done a lot of work to it in the recent year with a super oceanfront bar that is to die for. The problem with the beach is that the water in front of it is filled with rocks. I did have a friend return from there this year who said that they have an area filled in with sand that is about 30 feet wide and you can get into the water there if you like or walk north on the beach and there is a beautiful area to go into the water. Both SSS and Capri have ocean front rooms. My friend used his resort credits to upgrade his room. The spas at SSS and Capri were super and brand new.

VIM has a very long beach but the majority of it has rocks in the water. However, there is an area of the beach that is free of rocks and absolutely beautiful too. It has good restaurants and nice bars - absolutely loved Don Migels.

I liked the food at Capri the best. Keep in mind food is very subjective. We did run into return guests at VIM who said that the quality of the food had declined and recent reviews are also stating this. I thought the food was good. SSS also had great food and has begun to do things that you find at SMB. All of the Secrets will serve ordeurves at the pool in addition to a lunch.

They are all just very different resorts but very nice too.

Edited: 15 April 2013, 02:54
Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
89 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SSS versus secrets Capri

HI! We stayed at both Secrets Silversands,and Secrets Capri (and also Now Sapphire)... all total different experiences...My husband and I talk about this a lot.... Our first time at an all inclusive was Secrets Capri... let me tell you the good and bad.... first off it is BEAUTIFUL... food was very good, place is extremely well kept... it was almost all honeymooners... kind of too quiet.... if you are wanting to be alone or only be around people who are on their honeymoon this is the place.... there were also a lot of people getting married right there while you are in the pool... we seen at least 5-6 weddings while we were there for the week. Everything was pretty much shut down by 9pm.. quiet!!!!!! but relaxing ! yes, like a lot of places in mexico it doesnt have the most comfy beds and air conditioning did have some problems usually mid afternoon or evening it would shut down once or twice... but you are on vacation!! in Mexico!!! big deal!!..... I remember the restaurants being very good.I especially loved their guacamole and their calamari in the restaurant over the pool .Now......... Secrets Silversands..... it was FUNNNNN!!!!! Food was very good... the pool was MUCH livelier... more eclectic group... there were groups,couples,young, older, more drinking going on.... rooms were nice, more modern,restaurants very good, more entertainment.. more casual... everyone was there to have fun..... this was the second place we stayed and then we went to Now Sapphire... we had fun but definitely felt Now Sapphire was a bit of a downgrade.... although we still had fun! If given the chance to choose one of those 3 again AB.SO.LUTE.LY we would choose Secrets Silversands.... We are 40-ish, no kids and like to drink and swim al day... maybe take a smal nap, shower get ready and have dinner and drinks... go to bed early and start all over again early in the morning.We prefer to hang out and meet others during the day and drink and hang at the pool. We look for swim up bars,and good food with variety of restaurants and comfy rooms.... hope this helps. HAVE FUN WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE!!

5. Re: SSS versus secrets Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 07:18