We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Seven 50 ish ladies only trip to Excellence Riviera Cancun for 5 nights, booked the Excellence Club.

We all requested double beds and we all received them in building's 7 and 8.

Beds were very comfortable, IMO. Rooms are very pretty and function very well. Upgraded amenities are a huge plus, our housekeeper was so sweet and thorough. We tipped every day and night.

Loved the X box for room service: stellar idea! After the first knock on the door, he figured out that the tip was in the box and never knocked again.

Really thought that the concierge's at the Excellence Club were pretty much just there to warm the seat. Did not ask for much, but what we did we were told no.

We did love the Club room itself. A nice place to visit for a few minutes, other than that we did not need it.

The best part of upgrading to the EC level, imo, is the beach section and pool. The BEST beach area, lounge chairs, beach beds and service.

Moses is behind the bar now (I know some were asking) and he was great. The guys at the 'concierge hut' gave the wrong information to a few of us a few different times.

Food, to me, was hit and miss. However, I am a self admitted 'picky eater'. I am in no way a foodie or a food snob. Breakfast and lunches were better, just for me.

All other ladies loved the food at all the restaurants, except the french one. That was a pretty bad all around experience. Spice was voted the best.

All bars need more bartenders, plus a few more.

We had great weather every day. Two in our group went diving and enjoyed it. A few took kayaks and hobie's out and it was fun.

Entertainment was fun and enjoyable. Musical groups in the main courtyard were really good.

Never met a public bathroom that was not spotless.

USA Transfers were flawless both ways. Thank you everyone who helped me with that.

The best surprise for me (first trip to Mexico) were the people. ECR has a staff of people who are the friendliest people I have ever met! Bartenders aside, everyone was so sweet and pleasant and always walk by with a Hola!

We all would go back to ERC and book the club level again. Thanks everyone for your advice and help prior to the trip.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,888 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Thanks for the feedback

What was your favourite restaurant???

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Personally, my favorite was The Lobster House and Spice. Again, I am in no way an expert in the food area. Ask about fabric, decorating, and ambience and I can give you some good feed back. lol!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
200 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Thank you so much for your post. We will be there in June and have considered upgrading to excellence club. You mention the beach is better. What makes it better? More chairs?More space between the chairs? Larger beach? Better service?

Thank you again for sharing. We are so excited about our upcoming trip!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,893 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Nice to hear you liked it Ajax! We may go there on a future group trip instead of Zoetry. Save some cash. Did you see Jean Luc?

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Atlanta-Folks, We felt the beach was better because the chairs are spread out and they are the nicer ones. They have beds all along the front row and back row and in between are the palapa's and chairs. It just felt calmer and then we could walk over to the other side for the activities if we wanted. The other beach felt very congested.

Joe, Thanks for the original suggestion of Excellence. The trip was a huge success for us. Sounds like your was awesome, as well. I saw Jean-Luc, he is the manager of the Indian restaurant. So great to see him! See you on the TCI forum!

Edited: 01 May 2013, 13:16
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Hey we're going on the 9th may n I carnt wait I was thinking bout upgrading to club but was going to do it their but is it better (and cheaper) to go it when I get there or b4 I travel?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,888 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Hi again

Where did Jean-Luc come from and what nationality is he - French???

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Jean-Luc is French. I know him from Turks and Caicos Islands, where I am a Destination Expert. He worked and lived there since we have been visiting, at least 10 years.

Vish1983 I am not sure if it would be cheaper to upgrade upon arrival. My guess is not. Better to have it all sorted out on paper before arrival, so that the E. Club is expecting you.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,888 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

Kind of makes sense as the GM at ERC is also French

Look forward to meeting him in June

10. Re: Random Thoughts about ERC...Just Back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 06:19