We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Mujeres

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Molesey...
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Mujeres

Hi

Does anyone know how easy it is to do a day trip from Ocean coral to Isla Mujeres? We are travelling in July and keen to know the best & cheapest way to do this?

Thanks!!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,906 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isla Mujeres

The cheapest way is to take the bus - I have done it in reverse - Isla to PM. Take taxi to hwy, catch bus to Cancun, taxi from Cancun bus depot to Gran Puerto to catch ferry to Isla. Very easy and with the bus, very cheap. Have fun! Get a map from the mapchick for Isla prior to your trip if you don't have one. www.cancunmap.com. :)

East Molesey...
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Isla Mujeres

Great thank you do much! We will be travelling with a 3 year old & stroller.... Do you think bus etc is doable? :-)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,906 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isla Mujeres

I would think - other families use the buses. I never used a stroller, so can't help you there. :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Isla Mujeres

No problem with the stroller. Fold it up before you get on. They may want to put it by the luggage. Getting to Isla is very easy, but looks complicated. Taxi, to bus, to bus, to taxi, to ferry!! They'll store the stroller when you get on the ferry.

Have fun!

East Molesey...
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isla Mujeres

Thank you so much!! We travelled a lot by the collectivo when we stayed a few years ago but didn't have the stroller then ;-) I'm sure it will be just fine! We like to get out and about & don't like to pay crazy prices when you can just do it yourselves!!

Where on the Island Mujeres would you recommend for a day trip?

Thanks again! :-)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,906 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isla Mujeres

The island is only 1/2 mile wide and 5 miles long. You can rent a golf cart and tour around the whole island in a short an hour or so. Just depends what you want to do. Some folks tour the island and then plop themselves down on lovely Playa norte . . . and shop and eat out. I would highly recommend getting a map from the mapchick for Isla Mujeres - it is more like a guidebook with suggestions on how to tour the island, lists all the restaurants, shops, etc. You might even consider staying overnight - and then you don't have to hurry back to PM. :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Isla Mujeres

If you can make it work, do stay overnight. It's an interesting and fun island. Something for everyone!

East Molesey...
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Isla Mujeres

Thank you!! Sounds like a must!!

Thanks again! :-)

9. Re: Isla Mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 05:17