We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Airport - What can I expect?

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
B L
Malden...
1 post
Save Topic
Cancun Airport - What can I expect?

I am traveling to Cancun for the first time in two weeks. I am so excited for the trip but nervous about the airport experience. I have been told some mixed information about what to expect at the airport, and I was hoping for some more recent experiences than what is in the past forum posts. Any helpful hints are appreciated. And if the older posts are still accurate, than good stuff. I just like being prepared. Thanks!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Cancun Airport - What can I expect?

"Terminal 2/3 question: Lights are before X rays in terminal 3, where most US and Canada flights arrive. It may also be that way in Terminal 2."

Well, guess I'll find out in Sept. Jet Blue arrives at terminal 2. The last few trips we've gotten the red light, so it would be nice to avoid it this time.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,906 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Cancun Airport - What can I expect?

Someone rumoured they may to a Global Entry self kiosk - wouldn't that be nice

still waiting

…usembassy.gov/press-releases/mexicos-secret…

Listowel, Ontario...
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Cancun Airport - What can I expect?

We were there last week, and the red / green light is after the xray machine now, and everyone must send their luggage through the xray machine.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Cancun Airport - What can I expect?

Fill out all english sections of the immigration card on the airplane. We filled in the first english section at the beginning of the card and then quit at the spanish worded section. Didn't realize there was more english sections below on the card. The customs guy in the airport inspecting cards had us go to the side to complete the english sections. It added more hassle when wifey and I screwed it up completing each others cards with our own names in the confusion when the cards were handed back to us. Hers to me and mine to her. You don't want that added confusion in the hustle & bustle of everyone trying to get their vacays started. Keep that little section they give back to you with your passport so when you leave you got it with you on departure. It took us an hour to clear the CUN in December due to baggage carousel confusion between 2 arriving flights but only about 25-mins in Feb. even with getting pulled out of the line-up. Just give the shark tank folks a polite no-thanks and carry on out the exit doors to your waiting transport, or cab. Shark tank folks can be persistent and convincing though that they are your official service. Just get out that last door.

25. Re: Cancun Airport - What can I expect?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 06:16