We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything and Everything SSS

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anything and Everything SSS

Heading to SSS in August. Looking for can't miss dishes/drinks/activities. Also would like to know what to avoid. I know this topic has been posted before, but I'm looking for some info that is up to date.

louisiana
Level Contributor
554 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything and Everything SSS

I'm so jealous, I didn't get to go to SSS this year. Breakfast buffet is wonderful but make sure you have room service one morning, they set it up on balcony. If you are an early riser just call and have coffee and muffins sent up and go down for real breakfast later. My first drink on the beach every morning was a frozen mimosa, the waiter said he had never had anyone order it before, very refreshing. Of course always have dessert, chocolate souffle at mexican restaurant is worth having several times. The coconut ice cream is so flavorful, I usually had it at lunch at restaurant over looking pool. The shrimp tacos are great there too. The lamb in one of the places was delicious. Try different things and if you don't like something "no problem" they bring you something else. Enjoy being pampered at SSS. The only thing I would say not to do is; if you put bubbles in jacuzzi tub, don't turn on the jets! The bubbles rise and rise and rise, thought I lost my hubby in there, lol

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
372 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything and Everything SSS

LOL @ the jets... did the same thing! :) And I'll second the breakfast buffet... I miss the fried bananas already :(

Mango Margarita's with 1800 Blanco are quite tasty if you like that sort of thing. I did, many, many times.

If you're into 80/90s rock their Rock of Ages show is definitely worth the watch. (As are most of their other shows)

That and don't hesitate to jump into any of the games the activities staff have throughout the day. (They'll be listed on the sundial for when/where). Most are usually good for some laughs and occasionally prizes.

Either way, enjoy. It's a great resort and we had a blast again this year!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything and Everything SSS

I am so excited about going to SSS from July 22nd to the 29th for my birthday with hubby. Thank you for any information you can provide.

NJ
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything and Everything SSS

I'll be landing at CUN at this time on Sunday and hope to be poolside @ SSS by 1pm!

Berwick, Maine
Level Contributor
811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anything and Everything SSS

I agree with grumpyswife - don't miss the chocolate souffle at the mexican restaurant , I still crave it!!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anything and Everything SSS

I'll definitely have the soufle. Does music play throughout the resort? We have a swim out with several friends, and were hoping for some music.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anything and Everything SSS

I would add to not miss going to the Verranda Bar on your way back to the room after your pool/beach day. The activities crew put on trivia games, or poker, or other fun games and you meet the best people. Sort of a happy hour before your shower. You will meet guests that you have seen around the resort and those just arriving and get some great tips on where to eat, what to drink and maybe even excursions.

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
299 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anything and Everything SSS

i love this thread...what useful comments!, we are going on tuesday for a week and my hubbie loves poker! cant wait to try souflee too. will be checking for more tips from sss guests daily. thanks for sharing!

Edited: 29 June 2013, 07:58
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
299 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anything and Everything SSS

we have a swimout too...any recommendations on blocks?

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,029 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anything and Everything SSS

There is music around the pools, but it can be more annoying than enjoyable..Same stuff every day..The main pool would start playing different music around noon..