We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from ERC

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
201 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Live from ERC

I spent the month (or two-or three:) before our trip reading the Excellence forums anticipating our trip. Well, now I'm here and have decided to pay it forward. I'm not much of a writer, but here goes... we have been here for a few days now and this place is amazing. We decided to do the excellence club and are enjoying it. I especially like the beach area better. It's not quite as crowded. The weather has been perfect. Drink service around the beach and pool area has been a little slow, but the servers seem to be doing the best they can. (I love Rosie- she is wonderful- a hard worker with a very pleasant attitude.)We had dinner last night at Chez. I miss the balcony (EPM) but food and service were outstanding. We have also had dinner in Basmati and Agave. All meals have been as good or better than what I remember from EPM. They have all been so good I can't pick a favorite. Headed to Spice tonight. Tonight is the Madonna show. We have never seen it so I am looking forward to it very much. Tomorrow is our anniversary- cant think of many places I'd rather be.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,660 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from ERC

Have a nice time - ERC is rapidly moving up my hit list.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
200 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from ERC

Uu just came back from ERC today funny I woke up at ERcnow I am back home :( miss it already

Essex, England
Level Contributor
540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from ERC

Happy anniversary Atlanta folks. We are due to arrive today although just been notified flight has been delayed. Lets hope we make it in for a martini or two.

Kent England
Level Contributor
512 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from ERC

Sounds great which block are you staying in and does it have any view?

thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from ERC

Keep on having fun

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from ERC

Ooooo, hello, just posted a few questions, and glad you are there now and having a lovely time!

My partner and are have booked to stay in ERC for 2 weeks for the last week in July and the first week in August. We're very excited and are impressed by the reviews and photos - never stayed in an AI resort before, or been to Mexico!

We booked through CArribbean Warehouse/BLue BAy Travel who were very helpful. We have booked a swim up suite (not Ec) and were wondering what buildings were best for all day sun and minimum shadow/shade? I think I remember reading buildings 6/7 are good but also 2/3 sound familiar.

I was thinking of emailing a request to the hotel for a specific building. I'm fully aware a request may not be honoured, but worth a go!

At the moment, the weather forecast says thunderstorms- is it terrible?! Have you experienced these?

Also, I like the look of the private dining on the beach. Is there an extra cost for this- is it best to book before we arrive or when we're already out there?

Thank you, happy holidays!

Jenna

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
201 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from ERC

Good morning! It's a beautiful day here in Mexico! We were awoken this morning by a gentle rapping on the door. It was our anniversary champagne breakfast being delivered. What a wonderful way to start the day! Dinner at Spice last night was good. We ate at one of the tepanyaki (sp?) tables and met some lovely people. The Madonna show was entertaining. Tonight is the American Way show

Brookster- I hope you aren't too delayed! I know Juan will be happy to make you a martini when you arrive.

Jen- unfortunately I can't answer the question about which block gets the best sun. We are in bldg 8 (which has a wonderful view) and we get plenty of sun. About the weather- leading into our trip the weather forecast was 60% chance of rain everyday. As a matter of fact there were a few posts on the forum by people who were considering canceling their trip. Since we have been here we have only had rain once and it happened around 4:00 and only lasted 10 minutes. The days have had some clouds but plenty of sun too! I feel the weather has been perfect!

Well, time to get ready for our visit to the spa. Going to do the hydrotherapy circuit.

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,660 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from ERC

Would you consider ERC medium, large, or huge in terms of the footprint of the resort?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
201 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from ERC

Medium to large. Feels larger than Excellence Playa Mujeres- but I don't know that to be factual.

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from ERC

Keep having a great time,And Happy Anniversary!!

Jon