We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!! I need some opinions to help us choose!!

New York
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HELP!! I need some opinions to help us choose!!

I am also going to post this in the playa del carmen forum as well.

A little bit about me. This is my 4th time visiting the Riviera Maya. First was in Cancun, second Iberostar Tucan, and last was the Grand palladium in Akumal.

This time (first time doing this this way) I am using a friends time share exchange through Interval international / Diamond Resorts.

It will be myself and my fiancee. We are 32 and 42 years old. No children.

We would love to stay at a beautiful resort that has options. One that is nice, lush, clean, has good food and drinks, a nice beach that we can hang under a palapas, enjoy some beach activities like snorkling, etc. or enjoy a beach party thrown by the resort with music and some fun. But also a place if we felt, walk away to a quiet corner and not be bothered and hang on a beach bed.

Adult only is nice but not neccesary (as long as they are well behaved children and the resort / hotel it is not fully geared toward children). Adult only sections are nice as well. Romance is great, love it, but we like to have options to meet other people and socialize if we have the urge as well.

Would like a a place that has some entertainment / nightlife. Doesn't have to be a major party place, We also plan on going to Playa some nights a time or two for that.

Love a great pool with swim up bars. Again love the options of doing fun activities or none at all if we want.

We are looking at AIl Inclusive's so would like to have variety of good food to choose from.

Our choices are:

El Dorado Royal

El Dorado Seaside Suites

Azul Fives

Azul Sensatori

Royal Hacienda

Hacienda Tres Rio

Reef playacar

I read that Eldorado is beautiful, I read Hacienda Tres Rio has their own Cenotes. I've been to many and love those but I also read the beach isn't that great there, or the food, blah blah blah..

(I loved Iberostar Tucan for the lush jungle nature environment)

I am so confused because on all these resorts one review is great, the other terrible...sigh...

We plan on going November / December 2013

HELP!!!

:-)

P.S if anyone can tell me about their exchange experience I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,198 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!! I need some opinions to help us choose!!

Try the Marina El Cid, we did and never regretted it, fantastic vacation.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
99 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!! I need some opinions to help us choose!!

All of your choices are superb but the reef playacar is a much downgraded place by comparison. The Royal in playa is also lovely and the barcelo riviera maya has everything. Also the gbp is a lovely place.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,767 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!! I need some opinions to help us choose!!

The beach at EDR is not the greatest

4. Re: HELP!! I need some opinions to help us choose!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 07:17