We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimmable Beach Front Botique Resort?

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Swimmable Beach Front Botique Resort?

Looking for a small, quiet swimmable beach front resort. Going for relaxation and recharging ( we are in our early 60s). We do not 'party', do not want any 'night life' activity and certainly no raucous pool side action. Would prefer non-all inclusive, not our thing, so to speak. Saw Puerto Morelos on a segment of House Hunter International and it looked interesting. How long does it take to get to PM from the Cancun Airport (I am assuming that is where you have to fly into)?

Toronto
Level Contributor
174 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimmable Beach Front Botique Resort?

While not in Puerto Morelos... I would recommend Casa Turquesa. Its in Cancun, near the Luxury Mall.

Great pool and beach, beautiful boutique hotel, great price - and lovely quiet and relaxing.

Enjoy!

Austin
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimmable Beach Front Botique Resort?

Further south from Puerto Morales is Petit Lafitte. I would check it out (see TA reviews). It meets most of your requirements.

http://www.petitlafitte.com/

http://www.mexicoholiday.com/

Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimmable Beach Front Botique Resort?

Try Villas Latinas. We stayed there a few years back and enjoyed it. Look through Trip Advisors Hotel page you might find something

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimmable Beach Front Botique Resort?

Puerto Morelos is about 25 - 30 min. from the airport.

I know you said no AI, but I would highly recommend The Beloved Hotel in Playa Mujeres. It is about 30 min. from the airport. I have a review with lots of info. Very elegant, yet not stuffy. Small resort, very friendly staff, beautiful rooms. Some people complained about the sea grass in the water, but when we were there for 14 days, all but two days had clear, calm water. Nothing like the huge crashing waves in the hotel zone. We spent every day on the beach in and out of the water quite often. Perfect for just relaxing and recharging.

If you are going for 7 days or less, I think you will like the food options. Because of our longer stay, I thought there wasn't enough variety between the 3 restaurants at night. But they have opened another beach front restaurant, and two more bar since we've been there. You would also get a pass for one night at the resort next to it, Excellence Playa Mujeres, if you stay for 7 nights or longer. We did not have that option when we went.

st louis, mo
Level Contributor
113 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimmable Beach Front Botique Resort?

Rent a condo north of the square in Puerto Morelos. There are plenty of restaurants to walk to. Arranging a van to meet and take you back and forth from the airport is cheap and easy.

Seattle
Level Contributor
106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimmable Beach Front Botique Resort?

Playasol is a small condominium complex on a great beach just 3 blocks north of the town square. Here's the website for rental info www.villasplayasol.com

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimmable Beach Front Botique Resort?

My 2 pesos...while I stayed at Hacienda Morelos (and don't think that's the type of place that you're looking for?), Casa Toucan is still on my bucket list. I'd guess about a 1-2 minute walk to town square where there's restaurants, shops, grocery store, bank etc.

http://www.casatoucan.com/

8. Re: Swimmable Beach Front Botique Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 05:17