We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ERC Honeymoon

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
ERC Honeymoon

Slightly raging and gutted at the same time.........

We booked our Honeymoon to ERC through Caribbean Warehouse and we are due to leave on 31st May 2014. However, we are getting married on 8th February and having since booked I have noted from their website that the complimentary honeymoon package is only included upto 3 months from the date of your wedding.

We had to extend the time between the wedding and honeymoon as we had our hearts set on ERC and needed the extra time to save to afford it.

I e-mailed excellence to explain the circumstances and they advised we would now need to pay for the 'complimentary package'.

I am going to get onto carribean warehouse as they made no mention of it at time of booking and they knew our wedding date, even telling us they would contact the hotel to ensure they are aware it was a Honeymoon booking!

Frustrated.........

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ERC Honeymoon

This may be small comfort but ERC is a fantastic resort and I would think that the Honeymoon Pkg would simply be a little extra over and above the great time you will already have there. Keep positive about the trip and maybe your travel agent can sort it out. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and enjoy ERC.

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
577 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ERC Honeymoon

We had a similar issue with our anniversary stay- it wasn't the actual date (2 months later) of our anniversary. I am not sure what the honeymoon package is (champagne/fruit in room/banner- I assume), but my guess is that if you make a note in your room reservation 1 week prior they will honor it. They did send me a standard email about needing a marriage license and booking on the actual dates of the anniversary, but when we arrived we had the banner/champagne/fruit. If the honeymoon package is more than that, you may be out of luck. I'd also mention at check-in, "Oh we are just so excited to be honeymooning here! The people on tripadvisor rave about the service of the hotel and how they make honeymoons extra special!" That might do the trick! ;-)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,613 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ERC Honeymoon

Have you book a Non-Excellence Club or Excellence Club Room???

As has been said I am sure you will have a special time anyway. I am sure if Caribbean Warehouse can do anything they will

Edited: 18 August 2013, 10:17
Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ERC Honeymoon

Thanks everyone.

We have booked Non-EC Swim-Up.

Hopefully Caribbean Warehouse can do something, the e-mail reply from ERC was from a 'Sales Agent' apparently, and seemed like a bit of a standard copy and paste reply. Which makes me tempted to follow it up and try and get in touch with someone in a more guest relations role, I mean for the sake of 20 days is it really that big a deal for them?

5. Re: ERC Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 15:31
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,613 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ERC Honeymoon

Hi

The reason I asked about EC or Non-EC was that the EC Honeymoon package for people staying 7 nights plus is very nice indeed

Resorts do need to have some cut off for these add on otherwise they would be giving them away all the time

I would certainly mention it Caribbean Warehouse and about a couple of weeks before your arrival I would drop ERC an e_mail with any building room request and make mention it is your honeymoon - the best e_mail is to Mariana on

publicrelations.xrc@excellence-resorts.com

Remember and take a copy of your wedding certificate just in case

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ERC Honeymoon

Email them! It would be silly for them to not honor it.

8. Re: ERC Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:18