We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most recent review of Zoetry....

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
109 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Most recent review of Zoetry....

Just wondering if anyone else has seen and questioned the validity of the most recent Zoetry review (Aug 29th) regarding a stay in March.

It first downplays service at the resort, and then goes on to knock the resort credits one can use at the spa. (This is a complaint that I've heard about several resorts, so I wasn't too worried).

Then, although the review was just written, it says that both the reviewer and friend got sick (in March). She, to the point of being hospitalized for 3 days after returning home. Supposedly, they are still having stomach issues 6 months later... And their Dr is "pushing to investigate". Supposedly, they posted on Twitter and the resort responded (to merely shut them up). They also mentioned bug bites.

This was the reviewer's first and only review. Anyone else have doubts?

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most recent review of Zoetry....

We were there there for 2 weeks a couple of years ago and me and my wife will go back to Zoetry any time in the future..It's our fave place so far and we have traveled to Mexico several times..We love the place..Also the person that wrote that has no profile..HMMMMMMM!!

Jon

Edited: 30 August 2013, 19:03
Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most recent review of Zoetry....

There may have been something "going around" in March in the Mayan Riviera area, if I remember right, but it didn't cause any long-term problems that I am aware of.

I haven't heard of such problems lately at least at Zoetry. Generally I would only be concerned if a number of illness reviews appear.

We will probably be booking Zoetry today or tomorrow for a short stay in 3 weeks.

Austin
Level Contributor
251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most recent review of Zoetry....

If I remember correctly, I think that there was a bug going around at that time that originated in Australia. A lot of people where picking it up on aircraft and it would kick in a day or two later. A lot of complaints of different resorts occurred during this time.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,712 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most recent review of Zoetry....

I found the review a bit disconcerting due to the timing, as well. We just returned yesterday and the resort is clean and properly maintained. A novo-virus was around the area at spring break--not just in Mexico but elsewhere. Much can be controlled with proper personal hygiene and precautions like wipes, etc. They were not ill when at the resort, so how can they pinpoint the origin of their internal troubles? Aircraft, resorts, airport restaurants, taxis, shuttles, etc--all potential sources for intestinal diseases. No way to determine source--total drivel. The reviewer just wants someone else to PAY for his personal responsibility for his healthcare.

5. Re: Most recent review of Zoetry....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:19