We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

Hi, which resort would you choose for adult entertainment as we will not have kids with us. Is there live music besides the shows at Dreams ? Which has the better food ?

New York
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

If I was traveling without kids I would not choose either resort. I would stick with an AO resort.

Ontario
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

"Adult entertainment"?? I am hoping you just mean the shows later at night? If you are going to a family resort, which Dreams is and Jade is too for the most part, then do not expect that the kids go to bed early. There will be plenty of kids and teens running around late into the night!

If you do not want that, you have to go to an adults only resort. I travel with my kids (who are sometimes able to stay awake longer than me!) but when I travel with just my hubby I prefer AO.

Some resorts do have evening discos - again, check each resort specifically as to whether the disco is adults only.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

LOL.... yes, I meant like live music bands , besides the shows. We don't mind kids. I guess I should have said, is the entertainment more geared to kiddie entertainment ??

Ontario
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

I have only been to Jade, and their live music was hit and miss. A couple of nights there was some decent music in the lobby, and the shows were your basic AI stage show. It has been a little while since I was there (dec2010). Food is average, not outstanding. Again, if you want the better food, most AO will get you better. Of course, there is usually the cost balance as well since the AO will be pricier. Not sure about Dreams, but at least at Jade you get the adult pool on the preferred side, which I believe is adult only, not preferred only.

My guess would be that Dreams might have more kiddie oriented entertainment since they are more geared towards family in general, but sometimes a resort will have the "kiddie" version before the main show.

Edited: 24 September 2013, 23:00
Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

Have you priced out Secrets Silversands? It is in the same area, owned by the same company as Dreams and Now Jade, and it has been pricing out about the same as those two resorts. I would pick that hands down over the others if the prices are comparable.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

Would you say it was a more livelier resort ?

New York
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

I can't speak for SSS but I know at DRC if you have bad weather there is no evening shows because they have no theater. Everything is done on the steps leading from the lobby to the boardwalk area.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

Thanks everyone, good to know

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

We have been to DRC, Jade and SSS (twice). I would definitely recommend that you go with SSS. You will have a much better time as it is adult only and very nice and very active (day and night).

I have reviews of all three if you are interested in reading them and then just let me know if you have any more questions.

10. Re: Dreams Riviera vs NOW Jade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 10:20