We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Riviera Cancun DressCode Flex/Tipping Advice

Troutman, North...
4 posts
Save Topic
Excellence Riviera Cancun DressCode Flex/Tipping Advice

My husband and I are looking forward to a trip to ERC at the end of this week. I have a couple of questions about the dress code. I have seen the dress code on the website so I know the rules but I’m wondering how flexible they are with them. I like to get dressed up so I’m not trying to be more casual….but I do have a pair of very dressy shorts that I pair with a halter top. The outfit is dressier than most sundresses. I’m wondering if any other females have worn dressy shorts or seen other women wear them. Also, I know beach sandals aren't allowed. I was hoping to pack light and wear casual sandals and not have to pack heavy wedges. I’m not necessarily meaning $2 rubber flip flops but flops that are patent leather or something along those lines. Are those allowed?

My other question is in regards to tipping. I know it is not necessary to tip but we want to. And while it's not necessary, we also don't want to tip too low and be offensive. We are wondering what others (that also tip) have been giving and how often. What is the typical tip at a bar, after dinner and in the room at the end of the stay?

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,075 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun DressCode Flex/Tipping Advice

I wore a dressy/silky pair of shorts with a halter top with wedged sandals and I was fine. I think I looked dressier than some of the other women. I would just be sure that the shorts are not too short, keep it elegant/classy.

I also wore flat colored leather sandals with sundresses and that was fine. Like gladiator or sparkly flat sandals.

Hope this helps, have fun!

Edited: 29 September 2013, 13:39
Waynesboro, PA
Level Contributor
275 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun DressCode Flex/Tipping Advice

Been to ERC any times and we tip $1-2 at both breakfast and lunch and $10 at dinner, we also normally tip $1 for each round of drinks.

Troutman, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun DressCode Flex/Tipping Advice

Thank you both for your help. I appreciate you taking the time. Ajax1, that is the exact outfit I want to wear. Dressy silk shorts with a halter and wedges. And those are the exact type sandals I was looking to wear. Your post was very helpful!!

4. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun DressCode Flex/Tipping Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 05:18