We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

puerto Morelos El cid

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
puerto Morelos El cid

How close is El cid to town? Can you walk? We were thinking of opting out of the all the inclusive meals etc. and would like to eat in Puerto Morelos

thanks!!

lce
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
8 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: puerto Morelos El cid

El Cid is very close to town. I don't recommend trying to walk, though---if you try walking on the beach you have to make several detours and the road is not a pleasant stroll! We did walk to town (it took us about an hour with the detours) and then took the collectivo back to the hotel ($2 for 4 people and only about 5 minutes trip).

Unless you are seasoned travellers and are comfortable with dining in these types of settings I would highly recommend you stay with the all inclusive. We bought t-shirts, souvenirs and toiletries in town but didn't eat there, so I can't really give a valid opinion on the restaurants.

Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: puerto Morelos El cid

although we intended to eat in town at least once, we never did but have heard good things about the restaurants there. we took a cab to town for $6 USD and walked back around the shipping docks and then along the beach. It took us 30 minutes from town square to the resort lugging our snorkeling gear. We didn't think it was a bad walk at all but we took the cab the rest of the time. we chose the all inclusive because of the convenience of not just meals but also because of drinks whether it be a coke or margarita. I think it would be tiresome to try to get to town several times a day to get your meals. If you are a one meal a day person, I guess that is a different story. We enjoyed our food at the resort especially the authentic mexican food at night.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: puerto Morelos El cid

Thanks so much for info

I just don't think I can eat or drink a $100 a day and I would like to eat at differnet locations and not be restricted to hotel

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: puerto Morelos El cid

There are lots of restaurants in town, and at $100 per day, you can ride lots of cabs and still come out way, way, way ahead. In fact you could eat ten meals a day and still come out ahead!

Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: puerto Morelos El cid

If it doesn't bother you to hop a cab for every meal, then I would definitely recommend eating in town. We heard about several wonderful restaurants when speaking with the locals. If you get a room with a minibar at the resort, you can buy all your drinks in town and keep them in the fridge. I believe our kitchenette even had a blender though I'm not 100% positive.

6. Re: puerto Morelos El cid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 15:16