We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina El Cid OR Grand Palladiun Colonial?

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Marina El Cid OR Grand Palladiun Colonial?

We are planning 10 nights family vacation to Mayan Rivera, Mexico in the end of August, 2014 and trying to decide between Marina EL Cid ONE BEDROOM SUITE and Grand Palladium Colonial TWO STANDARD ROOMS for a family of five (kids ages 10, 14 and 16 y.o.). We loved rooms @ El Cid, but we been to Palladium some years ago and remember that as a resort it had more to offer. I am just concerned about quality of rooms @ Colonial. If someone was at both hotels recently, can you please comment. Price wise cost is almost identical. Thank You.

MD - USA
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina El Cid OR Grand Palladiun Colonial?

I was at El Cid in July and have been to GP 3 times. We enjoyed both and would return to either. We had 1 bedroom suite at both. I would say suite was slightly better at El Cid but both suites work. I have never had a standard room at either. I think you could be equally happy at either. For me, I would take El Cid for access to PM and CUN but that is preference. If I am on a trip longer than a week I do like a bigger resort though which favors GP. I don't think you can go wrong here IMO.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina El Cid OR Grand Palladiun Colonial?

Thank You for the reply. It looks like we will be booking GP Colonial. I hope planed renovations will not affect our stay.

Centennial
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina El Cid OR Grand Palladiun Colonial?

Does Marina El Cid have anything for teens - a club, an activites program, a dinner, etc.?

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
569 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina El Cid OR Grand Palladiun Colonial?

You will be centrally located in the resort. Easy to get around from there Great ala cart restaurants

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina El Cid OR Grand Palladiun Colonial?

We are possibly traveling with a grandchild this year so I was asking some of the same questions you were. We have been to the Palladium many years ago and found it to be absolutely lovely. They've made improvements over time which include unlimited alacarts. They have also added a new children's water park which if the Palladium Addict website was accurate in telling me is closest to the Colonial section of the resort. The Kantenah section has just been renovated which I can see by the pics is beautiful. The Colonial may be next on the list. The Palladium has so much to offer including unlimited alacarts, a salt water pool and a nice beach. I really enjoyed the resort. The Kantenah side is not that far from the Colonial pool and kids section so you may want to consider staying there. You can also check with the Palladium and see if the Colonial has started with their upgrades.

Can't say anything about El Cid - never stayed there. We've been going Adults Only since we are without children.

MD - USA
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
2,566 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marina El Cid OR Grand Palladiun Colonial?

El Cid does not have anything specific to teens but our 11 and 13 year old participated in tons of activities that were for everyone. They will keep busy with that stuff plus the cliff jump and water slide. I dont know for sure but I dont think that they had anything for dinner. If they did I never heard nor did my kids. They dont miss much like that. It was their favorite resort so far of many.

7. Re: Marina El Cid OR Grand Palladiun Colonial?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:16