We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental options for 5-9 within walking distance to town

Taunton...
Level Contributor
870 posts
270 reviews
Save Topic
Rental options for 5-9 within walking distance to town

We've stayed a few times at Casita Blanca and looking to come back to Pomo this summer after taking this past summer off. Family of five and possibly another family of four. Looking for place within walking distance to downtown similar to Casita. Easier with kids being able to walk into town...vs car etc...

I realize 5 or 9 people makes a difference but I need to find options for both, so I can discuss with other family or worst case we go by ourselves.

Thanks in advance!

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental options for 5-9 within walking distance to town

Since you've stayed at Casita Blanca, I assume you're also aware of the various-sized rental houses just north of Casita, also managed by Roberto.

Black Hills of...
Level Contributor
756 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental options for 5-9 within walking distance to town

You might consider http://www.casatoucan.com/ . It is 3 doors down from the new lighthouse and has 1 2br apt. 1 1br apt and 2 studios and would have a private pool if you rented all the units. They all have kitchens or kitchenettes. Jon and Alicia are great. We stayed there July 2011 and loved every minute.

Edited: 20 December 2013, 06:04
Taunton...
Level Contributor
870 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental options for 5-9 within walking distance to town

Thanks for the replies, and Bill, we are familiar with margaraita and Sol, but wanted to see what other properties are out there as well. Appreciate the feedback.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental options for 5-9 within walking distance to town

Have you looked through VRBO? We are staying at Margarita this summer (family of 14) and found them on VRBO. There were many more options for smaller parties. Much luck!

Taunton...
Level Contributor
870 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental options for 5-9 within walking distance to town

Thanks for the feedback, we've visited margarita and sol with Roberto, and they both loo like great places and may work for two families... but too much $$ for the 5 of us, (especially compared to Casita Blanca) if the other family doesnt go with us. I always see a lot o great place down there but when I look online, there is always the same handful of places... has anyone ever stayed south of the square? Also, some other nice places much farther North of Town but we've been spolied by the close walk to town and don't want to rent a car...

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental options for 5-9 within walking distance to town

You might not be aware of the houses between Sol and Margarita. There are two units called Casa Pajarito. Upper floor is (I think) 3 bedroom now and lower is 2. There is also a Casa Pajaros that is somewhat smaller than Sol or Margarita

7. Re: Rental options for 5-9 within walking distance to town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:17