We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon at SSS

Which Puerto Morelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
78 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon at SSS

It is better to stay at the SSS or Secrets vine. I think that the rocky beach at the SSS is a big turnoff. Am i thinking about this too much

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,840 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon at SSS

The BEACH at SSS is NOT rocky and is great for lounging or walking. It's the entry into the ocean that's rocky and has the effect of rendering the beach pretty much unswimmable.

If a swimmable beach is important to you, then go with Secrets The Vine or (better still) Secrets Maroma Beach. I'm a confirmed beach gal and really didn't find the beach at SSS to be too bad at all.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon at SSS

I think many people think of both the land and water when they refer to the beach. Lisa is correct, the beach itself is ok, not rocky, plenty of space. But when you get in the water, there are lots of rocks underfoot and can be lots of seagrass in the water that also washes up onto the beach. Not a nice "beach" experience compared to most other resorts in the area and certainly nowhere near as pretty as STV will be.

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon at SSS

If you don't know, The reef in Puerto Morelos is a natural reservation "Reef National Park" The second largest coral reef in the world.

There are skifs of sand added and maintained by the SSS..It is not horrible, but not huge...Pretty small in length and not very wide..

here is a video from march 2013, might give you a idea of the beach..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Crn0kGjoZU

4. Re: Honeymoon at SSS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 05:19