We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
617 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

No better place than SSS in m opinion and have been to many. I am a vacation club owner and yes I do love it and find it of value. Any questions justv ask.

Any questions just ask.

Dawna

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

Do the provide any shuttles into playa del Carmen?

What types of rum do they have?

We are headed there February 9th, can't wait!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

There are many different kinds of rum including Baccardi, Appleton, Malabu, and even a seven year old one from Havanna.

There is a shuttle that leaves every day, except Sunday, for Playa at 3:40 and comes back around 7-8 pm for a shopping trip. The cost is $23/RT

you will be here when I come back again. I arrive on the 11th for a friends wedding that will be on the 15th.

You will just love it here.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
170 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

A couple of questions.

I've seen the big sandbag in the water. Are they off to one side of the beach or are they a big eye sore all along the stretch of beach in front of the resort?

Is there a good area on the beach to hold a beach wedding? I'm considering this resort for mine.

What type of beer do they have?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

Hello,

I have booked 6 nights in March at Secrets Capris. I am a member also and using a free week. Now I am debating switching to SSS. If the beach isn't swimmable that is fine. Are there plenty of louges with Shade at the beach and the pool? Have you been to Capris. Just my husband and I in our 40's. Going for relaxation and fun. Any thoughts on SSS vs. Capris.

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
98 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

Hi dawns!

Fellow Buckeye traveling to SSS in May! Do you know the rotation of alacarte closures and/or entertainment in evenings? I am planning some off resort activities!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

OK yes I have been to Capri and definetly like SSS better.

I will take pictures of the beach and post them for you

I am organizing a friends wedding here next month and Lizzette has been great.

I am on my way out now for a day tour and will not be back till after 11 pm so àll else will be posted tomorrow

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

Hi,

Wondering about the pool temperatures? How warm is the heated main pool and the jacuzzi? How cold are the infinity and other, non-heated pools?

Thanks.

Edited: 16 January 2014, 15:23
Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

Hi,

Wondering about the pool temperature? How warm is the heated main pool and the jacuzzi? How is the infinity and other, non-heated pools?

Thanks.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

Hi all I loved Xcaret and would highly recommend it. It was pricey but well worth it and the upgraded package that included transportation and lunch.

Now to answer your questions.

The sandbags are really not a big deal. I did take a few pics to show you though. I love walking the beach especially in the early am. The resort works hard to remove the seaweed and debri from the beach and it just a beauty in the morning before the crowds arrive.

With regard to the pools…I was in the regular one earlier this week and while it took me a while, as I am a freeze baby, I got used to it just fine. I have not been in the big one yet but when I was here in August it was like bath water. Now I do love the Jacuzzi and it is a perfect warm not to hot temperature.

I asked about the restaurant closings and the shows and verified that they change the closings week to week and even the shows periodically. Your best bet would be to contact Aldo through Facebook and ask him closer to your arrival time.

Yes they do have plenty of palapas for shade at the beach. I love that they offer drink service there also. As mentioned I really do like Silversands better than Capri but then again it has been a few years since I was at Capri.

OK that’s it for now.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Here at Secrets Silversands...Any Questions????

I forgot the Pictures